What You Need to Know:
- MomoCon 2019 was the most attended in the show’s history, with more than 39,000 gamers, animation fans, and cosplayers filling the Georgia World Congress Center for the largest gaming convention in the Southeast United States.
- MomoCon 2019’s guest list featured stars from the gaming and animation worlds. Goichi “Suda51” Suda of Grasshopper Manufacture announced PS4 and Steam releases of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes at his Saturday panel. Suda51 also discussed Japanese games with TINY METAL director and Diablo III recording director Hiroaki Yura. Aksys Games, Inti Creates, Supergiant Games, and more also spoke on panels.
- Kenji Kamiyama, director of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Shinji Aramaki, co-director with Kamiyama on the upcoming Blade Runner – Black Lotus, discussed their past and upcoming projects. Talents like Justin Briner (Deku, My Hero Academia), Zach Callison (Steven, Steven Universe), and Patrick Warburton (Family Guy, The Venture Brothers, A Series of Unfortunate Events) shared their experiences as well.
- The 5th annual Indie Game Awards Showcase, hosted by Jesse Cox, recognized the brilliant creations of 20 independent developers, including four Georgia-local teams. Judges Rami Ismail of Vlambeer, Mike Fahey of Kotaku, Chris Carter of Destructoid, Austin Wood of PC Gamer, and Janet Garcia of IGN selected the top five games: NITE Team 4 (Alice and Smith), CrossCode (Radical Fish Games), Hexologic (MythicOwl), Eagle Island (Pixelnicks), and FrostRunner (Think Arcade).
- Developers of these five winners were awarded $1,000, a dedicated panel and exhibit space at MomoCon 2020, a glass trophy, and feature placement in the MomoCon newsletter.
Source: Official Press Release
It was such a blast watching the Smash Ultimate Grand Finals! Congrats to MKLeo!
Definitely was a SMASHING event!