Seven Seas announced their manga acquisition of yuri "semelparous", shoujo romance "The Savior’s Book Cafe Story in Another World", action-packed "Magaimono: Super Magic Action Entertainment", and action seinen "Succubus and Hitman" to be released later this year.
What You Need to Know:
- In the intense new yuri series semelparous by Jun Ogino, humanity fights for survival within a walled city that separates our world from the kaiju trying to destroy it.
- Ever since they were young girls, best friends Yorino and Haruka have been training to become Bastioners--soldiers who battle in a walled area that protects humanity from the kaiju trying to break through. But when Haruka is killed during a routine exercise, Yorino must fight even harder to make sure she never loses someone close to her again.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series semelparous for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in December 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- The Savior’s Book Cafe Story in Another World by Kyouka Izumi, Oumiya, and Reiko Sakurada. In this charming tale, a woman gets transported to a fantasy world and pursues her own quest: opening a book café!
- When a “god” tells Tsukina that she is to be transported to another world to become its savior, Tsukina isn’t interested. As a bookish thirty-something, she has zero desire to go on some big adventure...so when she arrives in the strange new land, she decides to use her magical powers to create a cozy little book café instead. But when a fellow “savior” starts causing trouble, Tsukina might just have to play the hero, after all!
- Seven Seas will publish the series The Savior’s Book Cafe Story in Another World (Manga) for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in November 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- Magaimono: Super Magic Action Entertainment by Kami Imai, an action-packed tale that offers a glimpse into a secret world where super-powered people duel in the shadows!
- Yuki is a high school girl obsessed with the paranormal. One day, while spying on a mysterious new transfer student, she ends up in the middle of a magical battle! Yuki is saved by a strange, super-powered man in a lab coat. But while she might have survived her initial encounter with the supernatural, now a secret government organization is after her!
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Magaimono: Super Magic Action Entertainment for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in October 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- Succubus and Hitman by Makoto Fukami and Seigo Tokiya, the creative team behind Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka. In this dark action series, one man’s quest for revenge is about to raise hell.
- Gamo Shoya is a dead man. At least, he was Gamo Shoya--inside his body resides the soul of someone else, murdered but brought back to life in his body. Now a student living a life that’s not his own, Shoya is haunted by Armelina, a beautiful demon succubus who has given him a new role: hitman. She can’t kill humans directly, but she can use Shoya to hunt and kill the wicked who prowl the streets, leaving their departing souls ripe for Armelina to devour. In exchange, she’ll help him hunt down whoever killed him in the first place. It’s a dark path for Shoya. The only thing he has left to lose is...his soul.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Succubus and Hitman for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in December 2021 for $13.99 USA / $17.99 CAN.
Source: Official Press Release
About Seven Seas Entertainment
Established in 2004, Seven Seas Entertainment specializes in bringing the best of Japanese manga and light novels to North American audiences, and producing original comics, graphic novels, and youth literature. As of July 2021, Seven Seas and all of its book imprints are distributed by Penguin Random House Publisher Services. For more information, visit sevenseasentertainment.com