Songwriter of "Hikari Are" ("Let There Be Light)" from the Seven Deadly Sins Anime Brings His "Walk to the Song in My Heart" Project to the World
What You Need to Know:
- Akihito Okano of PORNOGRAFFITTI, who is currently pursuing his "Walk To The Song In My Heart" Project, has announced his first streaming live performance titled "DISPATCHERS" to be held on April 11.
- Okano has been hosting the "DISPATCHERS" program for the past year in conjunction with YouTube and Space Shower TV, following the unprecedented pandemic which struck the world in 2020.
- Akihito Okano - "Hikari Are" (theme from The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement)
- In the 22 years of PORNOGRAFFITTI vocalist Akihito Okano's musical career, this was the year when he faced his "past" and "future" as a musician, artist, and vocalist. At the beginning of 2020, just as Okano was about to start a new chapter in his career, a state of emergency was declared due to the spread of the novel coronavirus. Okano, like many across the world, was forced to stay home, and he could not find a way to carry out the activities he had envisioned.
- Okano decided to do something to help those who are also struggling and trying to move forward by starting the "DISPATCHERS" program on YouTube.
- Early this year, Okano released the digital single "Hikari Are (Let There Be Light)" as the first step of the "Walk To The Song In My Heart" project, with lyrics by Yorushika's n-buna and music by Hiroyuki Sawano, a composer who is very popular not only in Japan but also throughout Asia.
- For the music video, he collaborated with the popular YouTuber "Y’s Rebellion," who has been practicing soccer kicks for several years in a project called "What If Someone Like Me Practiced Kicking a Million Times?” In the music video, Y gradually improves over time. The collaborative music video encourages viewers to keep moving forward toward their goals with confidence and positivity.
- Currently, the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Despite this, Okano hopes to send a message of "Let There Be Light" to those who are stepping forward.
- During the "DISPATCHERS" streaming concert, Okano will perform PORNOGRAFFITTI's songs and his own solo songs, as well as covers of songs from various artists as he does in the "DISPATCHERS" program.
“I hope that the message and energy that I send out through my voice will help people. Also, if I work together with fellow musicians whom I respect, we can surely create great possibilities and overcome any difficulties. With this in mind, I decided to start the 'Walk To The Song In My Heart' Project with those closest to me to become 'DISPATCHERS' and take our message further."
"DISPATCHERS" – "Hikari Are" (Studio Ver.)
Akihito Okano Streaming LIVE 2021 "DISPATCHERS"
4/11/2021 (Sunday) 19:00 Start (JST)
Price: 3,300 JPY (tax incl.)
Sales Period: 3/20/2021 (Sat) - 4/14/2021 (Wed) 19:00 JST
LiVESHiP (English/Japanese): https://liveship.tokyo/en/dispatchers/
LIVEWIRE (English/Japanese): https://livewire.jp/p/dispatchers
Streaming LIVE Information Website
Until 2021/4/14 (Wed) 23:59 JST
Source: Official Press Release
What is the "Walk To The Song In My Heart" Project?
Akihito Okano, who has spent more than 20 years as a musician in the band PORNOGRAFFITTI, said, "I want to try singing. When I was 16 years old, I was told, 'Try singing for us.' Since that day, I have been singing.
Just by singing, I met many friends.
Just by singing, I was able to go to places I had never been before.
From now on, I'd like to walk this road that the songs have brought me on, carrying the songs with me."
This is a project where Akihito Okano stands on the line of "now", between "past" and "future", and joins forces with his friends who stand on the same line to deliver music that breathes the air of "now" to those who are fighting together.
Akihito Okano New Project special site: https://www.pornograffitti.jp/akihitookano/
■PORNOGRAFFITTI Streaming URL
■PORNOGRAFFITTI Official HP
■PORNOGRAFFITTI Official Twitter
■PORNOGRAFFITTI Official YouTube Channel