Famed anime producer Michihiko Suwa joins writer Toshinari Shinohe and producer Uko Oshia to offer insights on new film exploring Japanese mythology.
What You Need to Know:
- Anime Expo Lite proudly presents a special first look at the upcoming anime feature film, Child of Kamiari Month, as part of this year’s two-day, livestream convention running Saturday, July 3rd through Sunday, July 4th.
- Join the prolific anime producer, Michihiko Suwa (Detective Conan, City Hunter, Inuyasha, Magic Knight Rayearth), as he shares insights about Child of Kamiari Month. Based on Japanese mythology, the feature film explores the root of the nation’s history and explores what it means to follow destiny. Suwa will be joined by writer Toshinari Shinohe and fellow producer, Uko Oshia.
- The film will be streamed live on Saturday, July 3rd at 2:45PM PDT
- About Child of Kamiari Month: This is a story of a 12-year-old girl, Kanna, born as a descendant of the Gods. Her family has a mission to deliver offerings from all over Japan to the Gods’ gathering in Izumo. Although Kanna’s mother was to complete the mission, her passing prompted Kanna to finish the task, hoping she could reunite with her dead mother in the Gods’ land at the end of her journey.
- What is Kamiari Month? - Japanese people believe that spirits and gods dwell inside various things. There are gods of the water, wood, and even gods that keep us safe from sickness. Every October, thousands of gods leave their places of residence to gather in the Izumo region to have a conference. As such, October is also called Kamiari month - only in the Izumo region - which means the month with gods, and Kannazuki - in every other region - which means the month without gods. Produced by Cretica Universal, the film is slated for international release later this year.
- Tickets to access this year’s Anime Expo Lite programming are $5 each, with all proceeds benefiting the Hate Is A Virus commUNITY Action Fund. After the stream concludes on July 4th, ticketholders can re-watch the content, as well as access additional programming, on a VOD basis from July 5th-16th, 2021.
- To receive Anime Expo Lite new & programming updates, please sign-up at: https://mailchi.mp/anime-expo/lite-2021.
Dates: July 3-4, 2021 / 12pm – 8pm (PST)
Ticket Registration: https://www.tixr.com/groups/animeexpolite/events/anime-expo-lite-2021-benefitting-hate-is-a-virus-23015
Registration: $5 (+ processing fees) - all proceeds to benefit the Hate Is a Virus commUNITY Action Fund
Source: Official Press Release
SPJA is a non-profit organization dedicated to popularizing and educating the American public about Japanese entertainment and pop culture, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. For more information, please visit www.spja.org.
About Anime Expo
Anime Expo (AX) brings together fans and industry from Japan, the US, and all over the world for the largest celebration of Japanese pop culture in North America. Taking place every year since 1992, Anime Expo celebrates the best in Japanese entertainment and pop culture. For more information, visit www.anime-expo.org.