What You Need to Know:
- Anime Festival Asia is the biggest Japanese pop culture event in the region, with more than 30 events across nine major cities delivered over the last eleven years, welcoming more than 1.8M visitors, 1060 exhibitors, and 425 performers in total.
- In light of the recent COVID-19 situation, AFA’s ability to organise physical events and cater to its many passionate fans has been severely impacted. However, AFA would still like to connect with them, thus a fresh initiative ‘AFA UNITED’ has been born.
- Created to represent a new series of online events, ‘AFA UNITED’ hopes to bring together J-Culture fans online, united in their love for Japanese Pop culture. ‘AFA UNITED’ looks forward to recapturing the joy and excitement of fans who regularly attend AFA events across the region, not just today but also in the near future.
- The first-ever ‘AFA UNITED’ can be viewed for free on 26th April 2020 (Sunday) from 8:00 PM (GMT +8) via animefestival.asia/afaunited/.
- Fans can show their support for ‘AFA UNITED’ by sharing the news and inviting friends and family to tune in! They can also support the event by purchasing limited edition souvenir t-shirts or branded digital wallpapers. Both items are available for a limited time exclusively via AFASHOP at afashop.co.
Source: Official Press Release
Date & Time: 26 April (Sun) 8:00 PM (GMT +8) onwards
Official Link: animefestival.asia/afaunited/
Official Merchandise: afashop.co
Official Hashtag: #AFAUNITED
Featuring (in alphabetical order):
Amaki Sally (22/7)