What You Need to Know:
- Aniplex of America is thrilled to announce the highly anticipated release of Natsume Yujin-cho the Movie: Ephemeral Bond on Blu-ray on November 26th. The first and only film from the beloved series features a brand new, original story by creator Yuki Midorikawa along with veteran director Takahiro Omori (Durarara!!, Hell Girl) returning as Chief Director with help from Hideki Ito, who has taken on the role of director for the film, and Tatsuo Yamada, who handled the yokai design and role of action animation director. The film’s animation production is by studio Shuka, who produced the TV series since 2016, with screenplay by Sadayuki Murai (Kino’s Journey, Knights of Sidonia) and music by Makoto Yoshimori, who has composed the music for the series since its premiere in 2008. The Blu-ray release comes with one disc featuring bonus contents including a teaser, special commercial, and both a trailer and extended trailer, as well as illustration cards, and a special Nyanko-sensei sticker. Pre-orders are now open for Natsume Yujin-cho the Movie: Ephemeral Bond at online retailer, Righstufanime.com.
- Cherished by fans for years, the Natsume Yujin-cho series has been widely praised for its heartwarming storytelling and unique, yet loveable ensemble of characters. The film finds Natsume, voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya (Monogatari series, Blue Exorcist) in an unlikely predicament when his trusted bodyguard, Nyanko-sensei, voiced by veteran voice actor Kazuhiko Ito (Naruto, Detective Conan), splits into three after eating some strange fruit. Throughout the film, Natsume encounters many fan-favorite characters that have appeared within the series’ six seasons, including Shuichi Natori, voiced by Akira Ishida (Gintama, Neon Genesis Evangelion), his familiar Hiiragi, voiced by Satsuki Yukino (Inuyasha, Monogatari series), and many yokais, who provide some truly laugh out loud moments as they attempt to help Natsume and Nyanko-sensei. The film also introduces an old acquaintance of Natsume’s grandmother, Yorie Tsumura, voiced by the legendary voice actress Sumi Shimamoto, who is best known for her leading role in Nasuicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
- Natsume Yujin-cho the Movie: Ephemeral Bond premiered in Japan in September of 2018 followed by a U.S. premiere at Anime NYC in November 2018 hosted by Aniplex of America.
Source: Official Press Release
*** TEXT ***
Spoken Languages: Japanese
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 HD Widescreen
Number of Discs: 1 Disc
Total Run Time: Approx. 104 minutes
Rating: 13 UP
* Bonus content subject to change.
Bonus Materials & Package
Exclusive package artwork
* Bonus materials subject to change.