What You Need to Know:
- Aniplex of America announced officially at Anime Expo 2018 that the cinematic thriller series the Garden of sinners will be released as a complete Blu-ray box set. Based on the immensely popular novels from TYPE-MOON (the Fate series), the Garden of sinners made its mark on the world of anime with its deep themes, layered metaphors, and beautifully stylized animation by studio ufotable. The iconic film series will be receiving a brand new Blu-ray release that will contain all seven movies and the bonus “The Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners”.
- the Garden of sinners captured anime and suspense fans worldwide with the story of Shiki Ryougi, a teenage girl with the “Mystic Eyes of Death Perception” that awakened after a deadly traffic accident. This power grants her the ability to see the inherent mortality of any object or living being. Shiki takes on her duty as an agent for a covert organization, where she encounters a series of dark mysteries to unravel set against the backdrop of 1990’s Japan. As one of TYPE-MOON’s earliest works, this film series begins to touch on the world that Kinoko Nasu has built.
- Included in this Blu-ray Disc Box release of the Garden of sinners will be the pre-movie shorts by ufotable, a deluxe 32-page booklet, the Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners on Disc 8, and a rigid box designed by TYPE-MOON’s Takashi Takeuchi. Pre-orders begin today, and the release date is September 11, 2018. The contents of the Blu-ray will be detailed below.
Source: Official Press Release
the Garden of sinners Blu-ray Disc Box
Spoken Languages: Japanese (Linear PCM 5.1 surround & Linear PCM Stereo)
Subtitles: Japanese & English
Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Number of Disc: 7 movies & Bonus "Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners"
Total Run Time: Approx. 530 Minutes
Rating: 16 UP
Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners on Disc 8
"Pre-show Reminder" short video per a movie
Bonus contents subject to change
* Bonus contents include subtitles.
Bonus Materials and Special Packages
Deluxe 32-page Booklet
Rigid Box Illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi (Original Character Design)
* Bonus contents subject to change.
“the Garden of sinners” is a series of hit cult novels written by Kinoko Nasu of TYPE-MOON (“Tsukihime -Lunar Legend-,” “Fate/stay night”) and published in the KODANSHA BOX series. The best-selling novel series has since been adapted into seven fully-animated theatrical films by one of the most renowned anime studios, ufotable (“Fate/Zero,” “Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]”). Each corresponding movie directly covers each of the original seven chapters. In Japan, the series of movies were released in theaters, beginning December 2007. Each successive release became a box office smash with record high attendance.
After lying in a coma for two years caused by a traffic accident, Shiki Ryougi awakens with amnesia. Inexplicably, she finds, in turn, that she has also obtained the “Mystic Eyes of Death Perception” in which she can see the invisible lines of mortality that hold every living and non-living thing together. Working for a small independent agency, Shiki attempts to unravel the baffling mystery behind a series of abnormal, horrifying incidents. Are they a foreshadowing that leads to something even more tragic and ominous? Things are not what they appear to be on the surface, but what dark revelations lie underneath? In this modern occult-action thriller, Shiki must tackle supernatural incidents with her special abilities while searching for her purpose for living.