What You Need to Know:
- Aniplex of America is proud to present the U.S. premiere of the highly anticipated new series DEMON SLAYER: KIMETSU NO YAIBA at the Aratani Theatre in the historic Little Tokyo neighborhood of Los Angeles. Attendees will be the first in the U.S. to experience this thrilling new series produced by ufotable (Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] trilogy, Fate/Zero) set to premiere in April.
- The premiere event will be held on Sunday March 31, 2019 at 3 PM (PDT) and will feature a theatrical feature-length animation along with a special giveaway for those who attend. Tickets are priced at $10 each and will be available starting Friday, March 8th at http://bit.ly/DemonSlayerPremiere.
- DEMON SLAYER: KIMETSU NO YAIBA is based on a popular manga by Koyoharu Gotoge and serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. This melancholy tale of humans and demons has captivated readers with over 3 million copies in print, quickly becoming a mainstay of the shonen manga genre. The story takes place during the tumultuous Taisho period (1912 to 1926) when two siblings must survive after their family is viciously slaughtered by demons.
- The series stars Natsuki Hanae (Your lie in April, Fate/Aporcypha) and Akari Kito (BLEND-S, Record of Grancrest War) as siblings Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamado, alongside Hiro Shimono (Durarara!!x2, WWW.Working!!), Takahiro Sakurai (Cells at Work, Fate/Grand Order), and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sword Art Online, Eromanga Sensei) in supporting roles.
- Veteran anime producer Hikaru Kondo (Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], Garden of Sinners) serves as animation producer with Haruo Sotozaki (Initial D: Third Stage, Naruto: Konoha Sports Festival) as the director and Akira Matsushima (Maria Watches Over Us, Tales of Zestiria the X) handling the character design. In addition to animation production, ufotable is also in charge of the screenplay with esteemed composers Go Shiina from God Eater and Today’s MENU for Emiya Family and Yuki Kajiura from Sword Art Online and Puella Magi Madoka Magica teaming up to create the music for the series.
Source: Official Press Release
Event Name: DEMON SLAYER: KIMETSU NO YAIBA Special Premiere
Location: Aratani Theatre - 244 S. San Pedro St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Date & Time: Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 3 PM (PDT)
Ticket Price: $10 – General Admission
Ticket Link: http://bit.ly/DemonSlayerPremiere
It is the Taisho Period in Japan. Tanjiro, a kindhearted boy who sells charcoal for a living, finds his family slaughtered by a demon. To make matters worse, his younger sister Nezuko, the sole survivor, has been transformed into a demon herself.
Though devastated by this grim reality, Tanjiro resolves to become a “demon slayer” so that he can turn his sister back into a human, and kill the demon that massacred his family.