What You Need to Know:
- Kodansha announced that the "Attack on Titan" manga will be released on January 8, 2021 in 33 volumes. The series will be completed when the 34th volume is released in Kodansha's Bessatsu Shonen Magazine scheduled for April 9, 2021. The 34th and final volume of the series will be hitting shelves in Japan on June 9th.
- Attack on Titan has been serialized in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine since 2009. A boy, Eren Yeager, who lives in a world surrounded by walls, longs for a free world in a dark fantasy world where he takes the challenge to battle the giants outside the walls. In 2015, a live-action movie was released in two parts, and the final chapter of the TV animation is currently being broadcast and streamed on Crunchyroll.
- Kodansha shared the news with this short video which also showcases new teaser art of a shocked Eren!
- With the final season of the Attackon Titan anime currently airing and Isayama having announced las November that the series was 98% done, fans were wondering when the manga would end. Besides giving a definite date, Isayama also said:
- Find out more about Attack on Titan Final Season n our anime chart page!
"It’s been a very long time coming, but I hope you’ll stick with me until the end. The editorial team never rushed me to finish the series, but I’ve been continually asked when will it end?' Thank you for waiting for me. I will do my best until the last page so you will feel satisfied with what you’ve read.”
Hajime Isayama, crestor of Attack on Titan
Source: Shonen Magazine