Online Listening Party, New Contents on YouTube,
and Online Live in February Announced!
What You Need to Know:
- BAND-MAID, the internationally popular Japanese rock band with a maid motif, recently released their 4th album Unseen World on January 13, along with a music video for the song “Manners” from the album. With these releases still fresh in our minds, the band has also announced plans to hold an online listening party and release new contents on YouTube!
- The BAND-MAID Unseen World Online Listening Party will be held at 21:00 on January 20 JST (7:00 on January 20 EST). This will be an online event where everyone, including the band members, can listen to the album simultaneously, in the comfort of their own homes, and share their thoughts on Twitter. To participate in the event, simply listen to the songs at the designated time and post about them on Twitter with the hashtags #bandmaid and #BMUWLP. The members of BAND-MAID will also be participating through their own accounts, so please be sure to check it out.
- At 24:00 on January 20 JST (10:00 on January 20 EST), right after the online listening party, the band will be delivering part two of the contents previously announced to be releasing every week for four weeks starting from January 13 on YouTube. The band members will be participating in a chat session just before the release, so be sure to subscribe and press the notification bottom on the official BAND-MAID channel ahead of time and check it out. The URL and further details will be released at a later date.
- The band also announced that they will be canceling their concert at the Nippon Budokan, which was scheduled for February 11. The decision to cancel this event was made after much deliberation and consideration of the current social situation, government policies, and other factors, with top priority given to the health and safety of the audience. The band members have also released their comments (see Appendix).
- However, BAND-MAID have announced that they will be holding a crowdless online concert at a different venue on February 11. Details such as the viewing fee and starting time will be released at a later date.
- NO GOD
- After Life
- I still seek revenge.
- サヨナキドリ(SAYONAKIDORI) - Nightingale
- Why Why Why
- CHEMICAL REACTION
- 本懐(HONKAI) - Ambition
- BLACK HOLE
BAND-MAID Unseen World teaser video
BAND-MAID “Manners” MV
BAND-MAID Unseen World
(available for download and streaming on subscription services)
Source: Official Press Release
BAND-MAID is a rock band consisting of 5 women wearing maid outfits in achieving world domination. MIKU (Gt./Vo.) who used to work at a maid cafe in Akihabara came up with the idea to fuse the word "MAID" and "BAND" in July 2013. She then recruited a guitarist, bassist and drummer to form BAND-MAID. In the same year, Saiki (Vo.) joined the group and became a two vocal band.
～ WORLD WIDE MAID ROCK BAND ～
They refer to their concerts as “servings” and their audiences as “masters” and “princesses.” In contrast to their maid world looks, they play hardcore rock music using their performance skills as weapons, they continue to fascinate their audience.
In 2015, their music video Thrill was introduced on an EU music website which attracted attention and fans worldwide.
In 2017, they had a rise in popularity in Japan as well, and started their first “one-man” tour at 6 different locations in Japan (8 concerts) which were all SOLD OUT. They also performed at some of the biggest rock festivals in Japan such as SUMMER SONIC and RISING SUN ROCK FESTIVAL.
They released their 2nd major album in 2018 causing a BAND-MAID sensation worldwide. In 2019, they released their 3rd Album “CONQUEROR”.
The Album has 15 songs, “The Dragon Cries” produced by Tony Visconti.
BAND-MAID Official Homepage