– Agreement Offers Fans Creative Video Game Crossover Experiences and Co-Licensed Products –
What You Need to Know:
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., creator of PAC-MAN®, today announced an innovative new partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA) to collaborate on a myriad of NBA-themed video game integrations and various co-branded PAC-MAN and NBA licensed products in celebration of PAC-MAN’s 40th anniversary.
- Throughout the upcoming 2020-21 NBA season, the collaboration will offer numerous points-of-engagement for fans to enjoy their favorite video game icon and sports league in unison, leveraging the global appeal of both PAC-MAN and the NBA. Starting on December 22nd, fans can begin enjoying the NBA inspired game content featuring fun power-ups and special mazes in the PAC-MAN mobile game - available on iOS and Android.
- To learn more about PAC-MAN and PAC-MAN’S 40th Anniversary, please visit: https://www.pacman.com.
- The 2020-21 NBA season tips off on Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m. E.T. on TNT. For game and national television schedules across ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBA TV for the first half of the season, visit NBA.com, where fans can find star matchups, thrilling game action and exciting storylines across the league.
“Everyone at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment is extremely proud and excited to bring PAC-MAN together in partnership with the NBA. The combined star-power of the NBA and PAC-MAN enables us to deliver creative experiences and special products that are sure to delight fans of both brands. As we move into 2021, we will launch a new PAC-MAN initiative with the aim of inspiring our fans to be engaged and stay PAC-TIVE with a variety of safe in-home PAC-TIVITIES.”
Yutaka Fuse, Head of Licensing and Branding at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc
“We are thrilled to partner with such an iconic and timeless brand in PAC-MAN as the NBA family celebrates its impressive milestone. We look forward to engaging our fan base through the range of interactive video game experiences and products that PAC-MAN offers.”
Matt Holt, NBA Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships
Source: Official Press Release