Critically-Acclaimed Animated Masterpiece From Academy Award-Nominated Director Mamoru Hosoda Coming to 4K UHD on August 30, 2022 in a 3-Disc Collector’s Set
What You Need to Know:
- BELLE, the fantastical, heartfelt story of growing up in the age of social media from the acclaimed Academy Award®-nominated director Mamoru Hosoda and Studio Chizu (Mirai, Wolf Children, Summer Wars), will be celebrated with a deluxe Collector’s Edition, coming August 30, 2022 from GKIDS with distribution by Shout! Factory. A 3-Disc set, BELLE COLLECTOR’S EDITION will include the film in UHD™ + Blu-ray™, will be available both in the original Japanese and with an English dub, and contain a bonus disc of exciting new special features, wrapped up in beautiful deluxe packaging.
- BELLE was released on all major digital platforms on May 3, 2022, and as a Blu-ray™ + DVD combo pack and in a Target©-exclusive Steelbook edition May 17, 2022.
- The extensive bonus features on BELLE COLLECTOR’S EDITION include those from the Blu-ray™ release, as well as several new captivating offerings, such as new special dialogues with cast, a new interview with Takeru Satoh, a new Eric Wong interview, and more.
- BELLE boasts a star-studded English voice cast including Chace Crawford, Manny Jacinto, Kylie McNeill, and Hunter Schafer. Fans of this heartfelt fable for a digital age can pre-order copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com and GKIDS.com/store.
- Lauded by critics around the globe following its world premiere at the 74th Annual Cannes Film Festival, and North American premiere at the 59th Annual New York Film Festival, this stunningly animated film is a breathtaking adaptation of a tale as old as time that was nominated for five Annie Awards including Best Independent Feature.
- On BELLE, the Japanese creative team worked in collaboration with a roster of international talents. Character designer Jin Kim, the artist behind several iconic Disney features including Moana, Tangled, and Frozen, designed the titular Belle. Cartoon Saloon’s Oscar®-nominated Tomm Moore and Ross Stewart (Wolfwalkers, Song of the Sea, The Secret of Kells) also join the team, contributing artwork for the various virtual fantasy worlds within the film. Hosoda continues his film collaborations with architects and is joined by up-and-coming British architect and designer Eric Wong, who designed the virtual world of “U.” Taisei Iwasaki (“Blood Blockade Battlefront.,” Studio Ghibli’s “Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo”) along with composing original songs and score, led multiple composers and produced the film’s music entirely. Other composers include the critically acclaimed Yuta Bandoh (“Yuri on Ice”) and BAFTA nominee Ludvig Forrsell (Kojima Productions’ “Death Stranding”). The film’s main theme “U” was performed by groundbreaking Japanese act millennium parade, led by the composer of the song Daiki Tsuneta.
- NEW Behind the Japanese Dub
- NEW Promo Events with Hosoda and Cast
- NEW Special Dialogues with Cast (Kaho Nakamura, Takeru Satoh, Lilas Ikuta)
- NEW Interview with Takeru Satoh
- NEW Eric Wong Interview
- The Making of BELLE
- A Conversation with Director Mamoru Hosoda
- The Music of BELLE
- Hosoda Draws Belle
- Finding the Voice of Belle
- Scene Breakdowns
- Mamoru Hosoda at Animation is Film
- Design Gallery
- Kylie McNeill Performs “Gales of Song”
Suzu is a shy, everyday high school student living in a rural village. For years, she has only been a shadow of herself. But when she enters “U,” a massive virtual world, she escapes into the online persona of Belle, a gorgeous and globally-beloved singer. One day, her concert is interrupted by a monstrous creature chased by vigilantes. As their hunt escalates, Suzu embarks on an emotional and epic quest to uncover the identity of this mysterious “beast” and to discover her true self in a world where you can be anyone.
Belle Collector’s Edition Bonus Features
Source: Official Press Release