What You Need to Know:
- Japanese-American bilingual singer NANO, known internationally for her many highly-popular musical contributions to Japanese anime projects, and a mainstay in both the domestic and international “anisong” concert scenes, announced a new podcast project, “NANO to the WORLD” to begin on Monday, August 2, with its first episode releasing at 5:00AM United States Eastern Time.
- This new podcast series, hosted by NANO herself, will focus on Japanese music, animation, and culture, and is targeted at fans of Japanese entertainment content worldwide. Fans can look forward to enjoying NANO’s unique, on-the-ground perspective into these topics and more, with new episodes to be released twice monthly on Mondays.
- Brandon Schindewolf (affectionately known as “Brandon-sensei” in the fan community) is set to join NANO as a recurring guest personality and commentator.
- NANO, who came to Japan to pursue her dream of becoming a musical artist, and will celebrate the tenth anniversary since her debut as a singer, and Brandon-sensei, who came to Japan for love of Japanese language, history, and anime/seiyuu content, and is a rising artist manager and international promoter in the Japanese entertainment industry: Together, these two will share their unique perspectives on the hot entertainment topics of the day to a global audience.
- This podcast, to be conducted entirely in English, will aim to be a bridge between Japan and the international fanbase.
“NANO to the WORLD”
Start: Monday, August 2 5:00AM (US Eastern Time)
New Episodes: Every other week on Mondays at 5:00AM (US Eastern Time)
Cast: NANO, Brandon Schindewolf
Podcast URL: https://anchor.fm/nano-to-the-world
“NANO to the WORLD” Podcast Social Media
Official Hashtag: #nano_world
NANO Artist Profile
Born in New York, United States, NANO is an English-Japanese bilingual singer with powerful vocal talent who began her career in 2010 posting song cover videos to YouTube and other video sites, and has since nurtured a strong international fan base. Her first album release, "NANOir" came in March 2021, and the album cracked the top 10 of the Oricon Daily Rankings in Japan, a rarity for brand-new artists. Her third album, "Rock on." came in at 4th on the Oricon rankings in 2015, cementing NANO's place in the J-Pop scene.
In March 2013, NANO's first live concert "Remember your color." was held at Shin-Kiba Studio Coast in Tokyo, which sold out 2500 tickets within the first day of ticket sales. Since then, NANO has conducted tours within Japan, as well as solo concerts overseas, including her first overseas concerts in Taiwan and Germany in 2015. In May 2018, NANO held her first concert performance in her native America and gave an outstanding performance for a packed crowd of 2800.
NANO's original YouTube content has generated over 100,000,000 views on YouTube, and her online live concert in 2020 was viewed both within Japan and in 23 nations and regions around the world. NANO's popularity continues to grow, with a voice that knows no borders.
Brandon Schindewolf Artist Profile
Born in New Jersey, United States. An avid fan of Japanese animation, voice actors, and history from a young age, Brandon set his sights on learning Japanese and making a career in Japan after first hearing the Japanese vocal track in a video game at the age of 16. After graduating summa cum laude with research distinction in Japanese from The Ohio State University, he arrived in Japan in March 2011. Beginning in 2013, he appeared on various Japanese television and radio programs, and achieved one of his major goals of joining the entertainment industry in 2018, becoming one of the first non-Japanese artist managers at a major Japanese agency, HoriPro International. In 2021, he joined the contents planning company ISARIBI, and currently works with multiple talent agencies, overseas events, and anime production committees to promote voice actor, musical artist, and anime content worldwide, in addition to serving as interviewer, host, and interpreter for various events and programs in Japan and internationally.
Source: Official Press Release