What You Need to Know:
- Coach announces the launch of Coach x Michael B. Jordan, the first-of-its-kind creative collaboration with actor, producer and first global face of Coach menswear, Michael B. Jordan. Inspired by his cultural influences and community, his love of Naruto, and his passion for bringing unique voices to the forefront, this unisex ready-to-wear, footwear and bag collection is Jordan’s first foray into fashion design, guided by the expertise of Coach Creative Director Stuart Vevers.
- Created in partnership with VIZ Media, the collection combines Coach craftsmanship with Jordan’s affinity for functional fashion and graphic codes from the world of Naruto, a popular Japanese anime and manga. Product ranges from parkas, jean jackets and pullovers to backpacks, utility packs and hybrid sneaker boots. Infused with technical details like removable sleeves, tactical straps and elastic closures, it also features imagery of characters from Naruto, as well as the series’ trademark “eye” motifs reimagined with Coach’s Retro C graphic. These references tie back to the story of Naruto Uzumaki himself, a young ninja who begins his journey as an outsider and earns the respect of his community as he works with his friends to protect it. The Naruto backstory speaks closely to Jordan’s own narrative as an outlier building bridges inside and outside of the Hollywood establishment, and echoes Coach’s commitment to community and courage.
- To launch the collection, Coach releases a campaign that fuses its values and craftsmanship with Jordan’s cinematic skill and Naruto’s mystic iconography. The hero film, conceived by Jordan and directed by Rachel Morrison, who collaborated with Jordan previously as the director of photography on Black Panther, takes place in a neon-drenched Tokyo street, and moves between moments of modern-day grit and magical realism, placing an emphasis on the power of connection.
- Coach will also celebrate the collection with global pop-ups in Japan, Malaysia and the United States, a dedicated Coach experience in the VIZ Media booth at New York Comic Con on October 3-6, and a range of limited-edition T-shirts.
- The Coach x Michael B. Jordan collection is now available online at Coach.com and in stores.
Source: Official Press Release
Anime fashion is the BEST fashion. OTA-COOL!
bee-kun, you should really consider trademarking that.