What You Need to Know:
- On December 5th, during the Code Geass Next 10 Years Project Presentation, it was announced that the anime Code Geass: Z of the Recapture would be released—though there is no date as of yet—and that a new smartphone game titled Code Geass: Genesic Re:CODE based on the franchise would be coming out next year as well.
- Code Geass: Z of the Recapture continues the story where the last movie left off and both the anime and mobile game will include characters from the series.
- A key visual for Z ofthe Recapture was released as part of the announcement as well; a pencil-only sketch of the beloved CLAMP characters in the style we all know and love.
- Yoshimitsu Ohashi at Sunrise will direct Code Geass: Z of the Recapture, Takahiro Kimura returns to design the characters originally created by CLAMP. Noboru Kimura.
- Code Geass: Genesic Re:CODE is a game with RPG and simulation aspects that, according to the official Geass Project Twitter account, can be called the culmination of Code Geass, and is a collection of all existing Code Geass works and new works. The game is set to launch in the spring of 2021.
Source: Official Website
Code Geass returns with a vengeance!
How exciting! And all the characters we know will be in both the anime and game!