What You Need to Know:
- Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, and Sentai, one of the leading global suppliers of anime and official anime merchandise, are announcing today a new slate of anime titles for home video release including Crunchyroll Original series “Onyx Equinox” alongside “HAIKYU!! TO THE TOP,” “Keep Your Hands off Eizouken!” and “Rent-a-Girlfriend” among many others.
- Crunchyroll Original series headed to home video include:
- “Noblesse” - After awakening from an 820-year slumber, Raizel tries to fit in with modern high schoolers while protecting his fellow nobles! “Noblesse” is a Crunchyroll and WEBTOON Production.
- “Onyx Equinox” - One young Aztec boy is summoned to act as humanity's champion as a fight between gods breaks out.
- Additional top titles coming to home video include:
- “HAIKYU!! TO THE TOP” - The Karasuno High School Volleyball team continues to reach TO THE TOP as the Nationals Tournament continues!
- “I'm Standing on a Million Lives” - A lone wolf student is sent to another world where he must become a hero to save himself and his party.
- “Keep Your Hands off Eizouken!” - This critically acclaimed anime follows a group of high school students as they create an animation club to realize the “ultimate world” that exists in their minds.
- “Monster Girl Doctor” - The clinic is open for business in this medical fantasy that explores the physiologies of monster girls as never before!
- “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” - This screwball love comedy follows wealthy heiress Katarina Claes who hits her head and realizes she's been transported to become the villainess from a game she played in a past life. Now, she must focus on avoiding all the bad outcomes (like death or exile!) the story has prepared for her.
- “Rent-a-Girlfriend” - A college student tries a new method of dating in this reckless rom-com filled with love and excitement.
- “Science Fell in Love, So I tried to prove it” - A science-inclined girl and boy who are deeply passionate about research fall in love, and then try to prove that love exists!
- “Somali and the Forest Spirit” - This is a chronicle of a journey that would bind a member of the dying "human" clan to the forest guardian Golem, as father and daughter.
- “Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun” - A young man is taken to a demon school where he uses his innate kindness to win over enemies.
- These latest titles will be available to fans across the U.S. and Canada in a mix of both subtitled and English-dubbed formats and will include a combination of DVD, Blu-ray and electronic sell-through.
- Sentai and Crunchyroll first announced their home video partnership at Virtual Crunchyroll Expo last year with a slate that included “Food Wars! The Fourth Plate,” “Ascendance of a Bookworm,” “Granbelm,” and “World Trigger.” These titles are all available for purchase now or coming very soon.
- Crunchyroll has a global community of more than four million subscribers and over 100 million registered users who engage with the brand through live and virtual events, like this year’s upcoming Virtual Crunchyroll Expo in August, home video, consumer products, social media and more.
Source: Official Press Release
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, consumer product, and video game rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Anime Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
A Cool Japan Fund portfolio company, Sentai is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Sentai offers thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms and is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan.
From Sentai’s state-of-the-art recording studios to its team of industry experts, Sentai specializes in a wide range of services and products, including content licensing & distribution, international distribution and third-party sublicensing, merchandising, award-winning home video releases, content localization & dubbing, and more. Sentai’s on-demand streaming partner, HIDIVE, offers cutting-edge simulcast titles to viewers every season.
With hit series that include MADE IN ABYSS, Food Wars!, Princess Tutu and Parasyte -the maxim-, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Bloom Into You, Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Big O. For more information, visit www.sentai.com.