What You Need to Know:
- Crunchyroll is preparing for the fourth annual Anime Awards with a non-stop anime marathon kicking off February 10 - 14 on Facebook and Twitch. The marathon will run for 24 hours a day during the week leading up to the Anime Awards on February 15. Fans can catch the following shows during the marathon “Mob Psycho 100 II,” “Sarazanmai,” “The Rising of the Shield Hero,” “given,” “Ascendance of a Bookworm,” “My Roommate is a Cat,” “KONOSUBA -God’s Blessing on this wonderful world!” “Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji,” “Girly Air Force,” “Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan,” “BLACKFOX,” “Kemono Friends 2,” and “Shonen Ashibe GO! GO! Goma-chan.” The marathon will be limited to the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Netherland, Denmark, Central America, and South America.
- Fans cast more than 11 million votes for the Crunchyroll Anime Awards this year - up from just 5 million last year! The winners are being tallied and on February 15 the results will be revealed during our live-streamed awards show in San Francisco. The stream will be available on the Crunchyroll homepage along with our Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch pages.
- The show will be hosted by WWE Superstar Xavier Woods (AKA Austin Creed) and will include anime sneak peeks, messages from Japan, and other amazing presenters. In addition to the presenters already announced, the Crunchyroll Anime Awards will also feature KING VADER presenting Anime of the Year.
- President of WIT STUDIO, George Wada, will be in attendance to accept his award for Industry Icon. Crunchyroll will host six additional Watch Party events taking place concurrently in Sydney, Australia; São Paulo, Brazil; Richmond and Toronto, Canada; and Fort Worth and New York City, US.
- The awards show will also feature a performance from #THAGODSQUAD, an online music collective consisting of 7 individuals from across the globe, including Crunchyroll’s Tim Lyu. Two of them; co-founder T-TIME and member xKAITA, sample and reference anime to create a unique hip-hop anime music experience.
- The Crunchyroll Anime Awards will be sponsored by Bokksu, the leading subscription box and media platform for Japanese snack food discovery and authentic storytelling, and Naruto Slugfest, launching in Spring of 2020 from Mars Games.
- Fans can participate in two contests during the Anime Awards livestream. Crunchyroll will offer a Bokksu giveaway on Twitter during the livestream. Within the livestream chats on Facebook, Twitch and YouTube; US-based fans can enter to win one of three custom-made Crunchyroll-Hime skinned Xbox consoles by posting #himexbox.
Source: Official Press Release
Official Awards Categories
List of categories
Anime of the Year
Best Opening Sequence
Best Ending Sequence
Best VA Performance (JP)
Best VA Performance (EN)
Best Character Design
Best Fight Scene
Looks to be a promising event!
I know what I'll be watching tomorrow!