Expo includes first-ever Australian ‘Crunchyroll-Hime’s Cosplay Cup’
What You Need to Know:
- Crunchyroll, the ultimate experience in anime serving fans worldwide, announced the first international guest for Crunchyroll Expo Australia, Ricco Fajardo, with tickets to the Expo now on sale at crunchyrollexpo.com.au.
- Ricco Fajardo is an American voice actor known for voicing some of anime’s most dynamic characters, including the goofy but accomplished Mirio Togata in the wildly popular superhero series My Hero Academia, as well as Taiju Oki in Dr. Stone, Itona Horibe in Assassination Classroom, and Kotaro Tatsumi in Zombie Land Saga. Ricco will meet fans at Crunchyroll Expo on September 17-18 2022 at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- In addition to an all-star line-up, Crunchyroll Expo Australia 2022 will also debut the prestigious Crunchyroll-Hime’s Cosplay Cup in Australia for the first time. The ultimate showcase of fan-created costumes from anime and anime-inspired shows and games, Crunchyroll-Hime’s Cosplay Cup will feature a cash prize pool and will feature a live on-stage presentation with emcees, judges and participants. Each costume will be assessed based on construction, performance and innovation.
- This is the first time that Crunchyroll Expo is coming to Australia. Previously only held in California and virtually, the two-day celebration of anime and Japanese pop culture in Melbourne is a must-attend for fans of anime of every level, with appearances by voice actors and other industry professionals, in addition to special screenings, cosplay competitions, live musical performances, gaming, manga, art, official merchandise and more. A full schedule and additional celebrity actors will be revealed shortly.
- Crunchyroll Expo Australia will be set up as New Crunchy City, a bustling anime metropolis comprised of four distinct districts: the Central Shopping District featuring anime merchandise, con exclusives, swag and more, the Arts District home to homegrown talent and artists, the Theatre District showcasing anime premieres and screenings, and the Super Arcade, the place for gaming and more unique programming. Exhibitor registration is available now on crunchyrollexpo.com.au.
- ”For months, our passionate team in Melbourne has been working hard to build a stellar line-up of panels, premieres, meet and greets and experiences that will wow our fans down under,” said Gita Rebbapragada, Crunchyroll’s Chief Marketing Officer. “We encourage everyone to come along and experience the wonder of Crunchyroll Expo, whether you have been watching anime for years or just recently have become hooked, there is something for you..”
- More celebrity actors will be announced for Crunchyroll Expo Australia in the coming weeks. Fans are invited to follow the event's official social channels on Facebook and Twitter or sign up for the newsletter to get the very latest in updates.
- To purchase tickets, please visit crunchyrollexpo.com.au.
Source: Official Press Release