What You Need to Know:
- Crunchyroll has had some great announcements this past couple of weeks. So let's list them below for you to check out and get ready for some exciting news!
- Son Gohan - Kyle Hebert
- Son Goku - Sean Schemmel
- Son Goten - Robert McCollum
- Piccolo - Christopher R. Sabat
- Bulma - Monica Rial
- Vegeta - Christopher R. Sabat
- Krillin - Sonny Strait
- Trunks - Eric Vale
- Videl - Kara Edwards
- Pan - Jeannie Tirado
- Dr. Hedo - Zach Aguilar
- Gamma 1 - Aleks Le
- Gamma 2 - Zeno Robinson
- Magenta - Charles Martinet
- Carmine - Jason Marnocha
- August 18 in Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Central America, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay
- August 19 in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Zambia, Vietnam
- August 26 in India, Indonesia
- August 30 in Malaysia, Brunei
- August 31 in the Philippines
- September 1 in Singapore
- September 8 in Taiwan
- September 15 in South Korea
- September 29 in Thailand, Hong Kong, Macao
- Additional global release dates for the film will be announced soon.
- Catching Up on the Dragon Ball Universe: Sonny Strait & Savannah Ligaluppi
- Catching Up on the Dragon Ball Universe: Christopher R. Sabat & Hero D. Sabat
- Textless Opening & Closing Songs
- Watching Dragon Ball Super: with Jason Douglas & Ian Sinclair
- Anime Expo 2017: Interview with Sean Schemmel & Jason Douglas
- Dragon Ball Super: An Interview with Sean Schemmel
- Coffee Break with Mai and Trunks
- Dragon Ball Super at Anime Expo 2018: Interviews with Sonny Strait, Matthew Mercer, & Kyle Hebert
- Dragon Ball Super: Rawly Pickens & Chuck Huber Answer Twitter
- Dragon Ball Super: Two Humans and an Android
- Dragon Ball Super: Twitter Q&A with Sarah Wiedenheft and Dawn Bennett
- Dragon Ball Super: Interview with Patrick Seitz and Kyle Hebert
- Rating: TV-PG
- Language: English;Japanese
- Format: Blu-ray
- Release Date: 9/20/22
- Includes: Episodes 1-131
- SubTitle: English
- Aspect Ratio: 16:09
- Special Feature Video: 1080p High Definition (HD Native)
- Special Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0;Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1;Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
- Main Feature Video: 1080p High Definition (HD Native)
- Main Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1;Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0
- Main Feature Runtime: 3275
- Special Feature Runtime: 210
- Region: A
- Number of Blu-ray Discs: 20
- Studio: Crunchyroll
- Kevin Penkin—Award-winner composer behind the music of The Rising of the Shield Hero, Tower of God, and MADE IN ABYSS.
- Hiromitsu "JIMA" Ijima—“JIMA” is a music producer and director behind The Rising of the Shield Hero, Tower of God, and MADE IN ABYSS, among many others.
- MADKID—This popular dance vocal group is best known for the opening themes for The Rising of the Shield Hero, combining elements of J-pop, Hip hop, glitch hop, and trap music to create a unique sound all their own.
- Kosuke Arai—Animation Producer from Kadokawa on The Rising of the Shield Hero.
- 10% - 100,000 Gold (in-game currency)
- 30% - 5x Summon Tickets
- 50% - 10x EXP Material (this monster of a creation)
- 75% - 5x Summon worth of Diamonds (1250)
- 100% - 5-star unit
Crunchyroll Announces Global Theatrical Release Dates for “Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero”
Crunchyroll’s First Worldwide Release Coming to Theaters in North America, U.K and Ireland on August 19, Others in August and September
Crunchyroll and Toei Animation unveiled additional details for the global theatrical release of Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO, the newest film in the worldwide anime blockbuster franchise, including a new trailer, and new English voice cast. The film will be available in both English dub and subtitled and will arrive in more than 2300 theaters in the United States and Canada on August 19 with tickets on sale starting July 22. The film will also be released in select U.S. based IMAX® theaters. For more information on the film visit http://2022dbs-global.com/.
Crunchyroll also announced the English Voice Cast for the film:
New English Voice Cast:
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO, the second film in the Dragon Ball Super franchise, opens in theaters across the globe in all continents. The film arrives on the following dates in the following regions and territories:
This is the first truly globally-distributed theatrical release for Crunchyroll and is distributed in North America by Crunchyroll. Internationally, the film will be distributed by Crunchyroll and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO Official Synopsis:
The Red Ribbon Army was once destroyed by Son Goku. Individuals, who carry on its spirit, have created the ultimate Androids, Gamma 1 and Gamma 2. These two Androids call themselves “Super Heroes”. They start attacking Piccolo and Gohan… What is the New Red Ribbon Army’s objective? In the face of approaching danger, it is time to awaken, Super Hero!
The film, with full commitment and deep involvement from Dragon Ball’s original creator Akira Toriyama, has the legendary manga creator behind the film’s original story, screenplay and character design.
Additionally, the film will be directed by Tetsuro Kodama and the Japanese voice actors for the film include Masako Nozawa (Son Goku, Son Gohan, and Son Goten), Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo), Aya Hisakawa (Bulma), Ryō Horikawa (Vegeta), Mayumi Tanaka (Krillin), Takeshi Kusao (Trunks), Yūko Minaguchi (Videl), Yūko Minaguchi (Pan), Miyu Irino (Dr. Hedo), Hiroshi Kamiya (Gamma 1), Mamoru Miyano (Gamma 2), Volcano Ota (Magenta), and Ryota Takeuchi (Carmine).
The Dragon Ball phenomena began in 1984 when Japan’s well-known manga from Akira Toriyama premiered in Shueisha’s “Weekly Shonen Jump” – becoming a top ranked title throughout its 10 and a half years of publication. Since then, the manga’s popularity has continued to grow with an astonishing record of 260 million copies sold worldwide and counting. And with Dragon Ball’s ever-increasing popularity, it has expanded beyond manga to include TV animation, movies, games and merchandising. Now 38 years after the launch of the original manga, Dragon Ball continues to evolve and will reach new heights starting with this new large-scale movie.
Dragon Ball Super Series Limited Edition Box Set Releasing September 20
Crunchyroll announced the upcoming release of the Dragon Ball Super - Series Complete Edition - Limited Edition Blu-Ray Steel Case Steel Book Box Set, which will be made available on September 20, 2022.
After defeating Majin Buu, life is peaceful once again. However, new threats begin to loom one after another. From Beerus, the God of Destruction, to the resurrection of Frieza, foes from across time and space step up to face Goku and his friends.
It is available now to pre-order here: https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/dragon-ball-super-series-complete-edition-blu-ray-limited-edition
The announcement was made on Crunchyroll News, along with several other titles including the Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train Arc Blu-ray, SHADOWS HOUSE - The Complete Season (Blu-ray), How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD) - Limited Edition, and more!
Dragon Ball Super - Series Complete Edition - Limited Edition – Special Features Include:
Dragon Ball Super - Series Complete Edition - Limited Edition – Technical Information:
Crunchyroll Expo Announces Music Fest Headliner Burnout Syndromes Alongside Guests From “The Rising of the Shield Hero”
Crunchyroll Expo, the yearly convention taking place August 5-7, 2022 in San Jose, California from the global leader in anime fan experiences, is announcing the hit Japanese rock group Burnout Syndromes who will headline the New Crunchy City Music Fest, alongside an exciting slate of guests from the action/adventure anime The Rising of the Shield Hero.
The poetic lyrics and electric melodies of J-Rock group Burnout Syndromes have powered the opening themes for beloved anime titles including three consecutive seasons of Haikyu!!, the opening theme for Dr. STONE, and the ending theme to Gintama. Burnout Syndromes will headline one of the mainstage performances at the New Crunchy City Music Fest alongside the previously announced progressive J-Pop group ATARASHII GAKKO!.
The New Crunchy City Music Fest is a new experience for attendees of Crunchyroll Expo and will feature three days of performances from a mix of local and international artists. Access to the New Crunchy City Music Fest is included free with tickets to Crunchyroll Expo.
Crunchyroll Expo also announced an exciting mix of in-person guests from The Rising of the Shield Hero including:
Crunchyroll Expo is the yearly celebration of all things anime, featuring unique panels, exclusive merchandise, and world premieres. This year’s show will both be in-person and streaming online August 5–7, 2022, with an additional digital replay available until August 9, 2022. In person, fans will be transported to New Crunchy City, a bustling anime metropolis comprised of four distinct districts: the Central Shopping District featuring anime merchandise, con exclusives, swag and more, the Arts District home to nearly 150 artists, the Theater District showcasing anime premieres and screenings, and the Super Arcade featuring Club Yuzu, the place for gaming, raving, and more unique programming. Badge registration is available now at Crunchyrollexpo.com.
Bloodline: The Last Royal Vampire Launches with Attack on Titan Collab
Players can look forward to getting a 5-star unit and more for pre-registering
The time has come to take on the turn-based tactics of Bloodline: The Last Royal Vampire, which is officially available from Crunchyroll Games with some very special guests. The previously revealed Attack on Titan collaboration is live at launch, giving players the chance to collect characters like Eren, Mikasa and Levi along with other items for trade-in award, and there will be special collaboration missions, themed dungeons and more.
Once you obtain the characters, you'll be able to give them gifts to max out their affinity and level them up to maximize your potential in the game.
Here's a breakdown of the pre-registration rewards being given away at launch:
About Bloodline: The Last Royal Vampire:
Bloodline: The Last Royal Vampire follows the Last Royal Vampire Lilo and her companion Ren in their quest to save their loved ones from a militaristic order called the Holy Land. Players build their own squad of warriors, heroes, and fantastical creatures to defeat exorcists, hunters, as well as vicious demons, and many powerful beings pulling the strings from the shadows. The anime-styled mobile role-playing card game features hundreds of characters and customization, allowing for a roster of heroes that is distinctly unique to each player.
-OVER 400 CHARACTERS TO COLLECT-
From valiant knights, demonic warlords, to maniacal jesters and minigun-toting waifus, there’s a mind boggling array of heroes to unlock and evolve, with more new characters always on the way! Think you can unlock them all?
-CHARACTER GROWTH & PROGRESSION-
Level up your characters by taking them into battle and feeding them powerful upgrade materials. Evolve and awaken them with Job Changes, Fate Links, Tarot Cards, and Mystic Formations to unlock their true powers!
-EASY TO PLAY, HARD TO MASTER-
Send your heroes in to destroy your enemies with simple taps and swipes! Unleash the fury of their arcane abilities to take down tough bosses with spectacular effects and explosions!
-ADAPTED FROM THE POPULAR MANGA-
Enjoy a fully fleshed out story based on the popular manga of the same name, following the adventures of Lilo and her friends as they uncover dark secrets and the forgotten memories of the vampire bloodline.
-PERFECT YOUR STRATEGY-
Carefully craft your squad to effectively counter enemy forces and know when’s the best moment to attack or defend! Pay close attention to elemental attributes and character types to counter bosses and keep your teams healthy and buffed in battle.
-Exciting Guild Battles-
Destroy opposing forces in REAL-TIME Guild War battles with friends and guild mates. It’s gonna be pure PVP bloodshed!
Claw your way through other players in a multitude of PVP features like the Arena, Tower of Fate, as well as giant Guild Battles, and live cross-server Wars! Who will end up as the Champion of Bloodline?
-PLAY MORE, GRIND LESS-
Thanks to features like Auto Battle, Raid, and Auto-Mine, Bloodline allows you to devote more of your time to managing your squad and fighting off the Holy Land. Clear stages and progress through the game effortlessly while earning all the items and materials to level up your fun!
Source: Official Press Releases