Crunchyroll shares anime viewership trends for 2020 on a country-by-country basis
What You Need to Know:
- To kick off the New Year, Crunchyroll is sharing a series of infographics highlighting anime viewership trends from users in over 200 countries and territories!
- These charts represent the most unique viewers of a given simulcast anime during 2020 from Crunchyroll’s 3M+ premium members.
- The most common titles are:
- Black Clover - 87 countries and territories
- JUJUTSU KAISEN - 71 countries and territories
- BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS - 32 countries and territories
- My Hero Academia - 23 countries and territories
- Tower of God - 10 countries and territories
- The God of High School - 10 countries and territories
- Attack on Titan - 6 countries and territories
- Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - 1 country
- Onyx Equinox - 1 country
- Antarctica's top 2020 anime was The God of High School.
- The prominence of JUJUTSU KAISEN in so many of the most populous countries in the world is all the more impressive when considering that the title only started airing in October -- other series aired earlier and had more opportunities for fans to find them, or, like Black Clover and BORUTO, were on air the entire year.
- Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, with more than 90 million registered users and 3 million subscribers in more than 200 countries and territories.
- While these series seem to be beloved by fans around the world, will any make it onto the ballot for the upcoming Anime Awards, which honor the year’s best and brightest in Japanese animation? Fans can keep an eye out on January 15 when nominees are announced and voting starts!
Source: Official Press Release
Look at Jujutsu Kaisen go!
Looks like the world loves shounen!