What You Need to Know:
- MomoCon Let’s Get Digital, a virtual charity event celebrating gaming, pop culture, and animation while raising money for Feeding America, will captivate fans around the world with live segments from voice actors behind many of the year’s biggest AAA games and fan-favorite content creators. The first MomoCon charity event, taking place December 11-13, will be live streamed exclusively from MomoCon’s official Twitch channel with support from sponsors Discord and XSEED Games.
- Join the game director for Cyberpunk 2077, along with the actress behind the voice of “V”, while they showcase the game and talk about their experience working on the upcoming blockbuster title. Frederator Studios will host the finals for their Cartoon Punch live-draw competition among some of the top YouTube animation talent. Additionally, special exhibition matches in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from 2GG, Smash Studios, and Tekken 7 with pros from UYU and Atlanta’s own 4o4 Esports.
- Other special guests include speedrunners from the Zeldathon team playing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Animaniacs, and Pokémon Emerald, animation podcast Pizza Party, as well as comic book illustrator Marcus Williams teaching viewers how to draw like a pro. Batterystaple Games also plans to make an appearance to show off more of their highly anticipated Mega-roguelike platformer, 30XX, with its recently announced “Mega Mode.”
- Let's Get Digital will feature hourly giveaways for game keys from hit indie titles like Ooblets, 20XX, Ghostrunner, publishers like Adult Swim, XSEED Games, and Crunchyroll Games, a brand new gaming chair from Vertagear, as well as anime merch from RightStuf.
- In addition to donating on Tiltify, viewers can also contribute to Feeding America by purchasing items from MomoCon’s Virtual Marketplace, where 5% of the proceeds from all sales will be donated to the charity.
- For its first-ever charitable event, MomoCon chose to partner with Feeding America in efforts to fight against the hunger so many Americans face every day where every dollar donated equals 10 meals for starving families. Due to the world’s current COVID-19 pandemic, 50 million people may face hunger in America in 2020, including 17 million children across every community in the country. Hunger has no boundaries and doesn’t differentiate between race, ethnicity, religion, skin color, age, or gender. It can affect us all.
“It’s an honor to be able to host a second digital event this year while supporting a cause that is so relevant in today’s current world scenario. While we are very blessed to have the opportunity to attend online conferences and still enjoy entertainment from the comfort of our homes during isolation, not all Americans have the same opportunities. Parents are struggling without knowing when they will be able to feed their children again, and it’s an issue that needs to be brought to the spotlight more than ever before.”
Chris Stuckey, Co-Chair, MomoCon
MomoCon Let’s Get Digital Charity Event welcomes fans of pop culture, gaming, and animation Friday, Dec. 11 - Sunday, Dec. 13 in efforts to raise money for Feeding America during a series of live streamed segments on MomoCon’s official Twitch channel. For event information, check out the official Let's Get Digital Event site and stay tuned for event updates.
Source: Official Press Release
Founded in 2004 by Jessica Merriman and Chris Stuckey, then students at Georgia Tech, MomoCon has grown from a 700 person on-campus event to the largest event in the southeast United States for fans of video games, animation, cosplay, comics, and tabletop games.