What You Need to Know:
- Today at Mangamo’s industry panel at Virtual Crunchyroll Expo, the mobile manga subscription service announced the release of DEATHDEUS: Hero of the Dead and My Evil Stepbrother, marking the titles’ English debuts. The service also announced the launch of the classic manga Erementar Gerade and the sequel Erementar Gerade: Flag of Blue Sky. All titles are available to read now on the Mangamo app for iPhone and iPad, available for download on the Apple App Store! And Mangamo is offering a 30-day free trial for new users so check it out!
- DEATHDEUS: Hero of the Dead is the exciting new shonen manga from Mori Kotaro, the artist for the manga adaptation of the famed Gurren Lagann. In this post-apocalyptic action tale, humanity is plagued by the undead Reversed, and no one can stand against them. No one except Shion-chan, a high school girl from another time, and she'll resurrect this rotten world with her maiden fists!
- My Evil Stepbrother by Tomu Shinonome spans the genres of drama, high school and real life and tells the story of Satono, the lonely daughter of a mom who is always working. She's so afraid of being left alone, she self-isolates to prevent anyone from leaving her. When her mom suddenly remarries, she gains an older stepbrother, Ryo, who only wants to hang out with his friends. All Satono wants is a family, but can this pair work out their differences?
- Erementar Gerade, the shonen action/sci fi manga by Mayumi Azuma, launched the hugely popular anime franchise. During a routine raid, sky pirate Coud Van Giruet discovers a most unusual bounty: Ren, an “Edel Raid” and a living weapon. When Ren is captured by Beazon, an evil Edel Raid dealer, Coud quickly realizes that Ren is even more prized than he first thought. Ren’s only chance of rescue lies with Coud and the agents of Arc Aile. Find the complete 96-chapter series on the Mangamo app, plus the sequel series, Erementar Gerade: Flag of Blue Sky.
- Mangamo co-founder and executive editor Dallas Middaugh and Mangamo head of social Kwok-Wai Hanson also discussed titles “Only on Mangamo” or not available on any other comics subscription service. Titles include the high school dramedy and reader-chosen Tsugi ni Kuru (Up-And-Coming) Manga 2020 Award winner Loving Yamada at LV999!; the LGBTQ+ coming-of-age story I Wanna Be Your Girl; the suspense/sci fi escape room thriller Reset Game; Dropkick on My Devil!, the supernatural action/comedy tale of a devil and the girl who summoned her living as reluctant roommates, and Japan Sinks 2020, the Mangamo Original Manga based on the Netflix Original Anime by producer and Mangamo co-founder Nori Ueki and famed director Masaaki Yuasa (Devilman Crybaby).
- Mangamo launched for iOS earlier this year and a version of the app for Android is in development so stay tuned!
Source: Official Press Release
Mangamo is the mobile manga subscription service that gives readers unlimited access to hundreds of titles from a growing list of publishers while supporting creators. For $4.99 USD a month, subscribers gain unlimited access to more titles than any other mobile subscription service, including titles never before released in English and new chapters added daily. Every manga available on Mangamo is curated by an experienced editorial team, professionally localized, and licensed directly from publishers. The Mangamo app features the highest quality graphic images, a customized reader and tracker, and an ad-free experience. Mangamo is available on iOS for iPhone and iPad and available for download on the Apple App Store. Follow Mangamo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more info, visit www.mangamo.com.