What You Need to Know:
- The record-breaking global phenomenon Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train arrives with both a Limited Edition Blu-ray from Aniplex of America and Standard Edition Blu-ray from Funimation for the first time in the U.S. on December 21, 2021.
- The Limited Edition Blu-ray from Aniplex of America comes with an original soundtrack CD, deluxe booklet, rigid box with exclusive art by character designer Akira Matsushima, special digipak featuring art by ufotable, as well as audio commentary with English subtitles from Natsuki Hanae (Tanjiro Kamado), Akari Kito (Nezuko Kamado), Hiro Shimono (Zenitsu Agatsuma), Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Inosuke Hashibira), and Satoshi Hino (Kyojuro Rengoku). The film’s Limited Edition Blu-ray is accepting pre-orders now at online retailer Right Stuf Anime and will be released in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- The Standard Edition Blu-ray will be available from Funimation through the Funimation Shop as well as Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, RightStuf, and more.
- For more information on Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train, visit demonslayer-anime.com and follow the official Facebook and Twitter.
- Technical Blu-Ray Information:
- Street Date: December 21, 2021
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 HD Wide Screen / 1920x1080p
- U.S. Rating: R
- Languages: English DTS HD Master Audio 5.1CH; Japanese DTS HD Master Audio 5.1CH
- Subtitles: English
- Run Time: 1 hr 57 min
Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train is directed by Haruo Sotozaki featuring the original story by Koyoharu Gotoge with screenplay and animation production by studio ufotable. Set after the events of the television series, Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train has Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke embark on a new mission. Together with one of the most powerful swordsmen of the Demon Slayer Corps, Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku, they investigate the mysterious disappearance of over 40 people aboard the Mugen Train.
The Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba TV series premiered in 2019 and is based on Koyoharu Gotoge's manga, which boasts over 150 million copies in circulation in Japan. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is an action-packed, thrilling tale of a young man in search of a cure for his sister, who has been turned into a demon after their family is viciously slaughtered by demons.
About Aniplex of America Inc.
Aniplex of America, Inc. (Santa Monica, California) is a subsidiary of Aniplex, Inc. (headquartered in Tokyo, Japan), a division of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan), Inc., and a leading provider of anime content and music production and distribution in Japan. The company's ever-growing lineup of shows includes: Sword Art Online, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD, Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], Fate/Zero, KILL la KILL, Gurren Lagann, Monogatari series, Anohana -The Flower We Saw That Day-, Cells at Work!, The Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED, and many more. In 2017, the company released the English version of the popular mobile game, Fate/Grand Order.
If it’s anime, it’s Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App. Headquartered in the US and connected by a global network, our anime-obsessed team serves the fandom in over 52 countries and 10 languages. With over 400 team members, we’ve built a global community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong. Funimation is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Source: Official Press Release