Fans Invited to Join Cast Members Robbie Daymond and Erika Harlacher for Special One-Night Only Event to Watch and Discuss 20th Anniversary Feature Film!
What You Need to Know:
- Digimon fans are set to receive a very special treat for the upcoming release of “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” with this week's announcement from Toei Animation and Shout! Factory.
- During the film’s opening weekend, on Saturday, October 3 at 8:00 pm Eastern / 5:00 pm Pacific, Toei Animation and Shout! Factory will host a livestream “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” watch party (#DigimonKizunaWatchParty) that will be simulcast on the Toei Animation U.S. YouTube channel and the Official Digimon Facebook page.
- This free online event will be hosted by Justin Rojas and feature English dub cast members Robbie Daymond (voice of Joe Kido) and Erika Harlacher (voice of Menoa Bellucci) from the movie. Fans will also be treated to a pre-movie discussion before the host and cast guests watch and comment on the movie in real-time, followed by a post-movie discussion thereafter as well as special giveaways throughout the livestream!
- While optional, fans that have pre-purchased a digital copy of the movie will be able to follow-along and view a full-size version of the movie during the watch party. “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” will be available for purchase as a digital download on iTunes, Microsoft and Sony PlayStation Network starting on September 29, the film’s North American digital release date.
- On October 6, a week after its digital debut, “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” will also be released on home video on both DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) from Shout! Factory. These highly collectible DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack editions include not only the sub and dub versions of the movie but also the special bonus feature “The Final Evolution: Remembering 20 Years of Digimon Adventure with Joshua Seth and Tom Fahn” only available with the home video. Both editions are available now for pre-order on ShoutFactory.com. Advance purchases of the “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” Blu-ray Combo Pack from Shout! Factory will include an exclusive 18”x 24” lithograph of the cover art while supplies last.
- “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” takes place five years after the events of the six-part film series “Digimon Adventure tri.” Now on the cusp of adulthood, Tai and his DigiDestined friends discover that with age their bonds with each of their Digimon will ultimately break. How does it end for Tai, Agumon and the others? Fans must watch “Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna” to find out the answer.
- Film Synopsis: Tai is now a university student, living alone, working hard at school, and working every day, but with his future still undecided. Meanwhile, Matt and others continue to work on Digimon incidents and activities that help people with partner Digimon. An unprecedented phenomenon occurs and the DigiDestined discovers that when you grow up, your relationship with your partner Digimon will come closer to an end. As a countdown timer activates on the Digivice, they realize that the more you fight with their Partner Digimon, the faster their bond breaks. Will you fight for others and lose your partner? The time to choose and decide is approaching fast. There is a short time before “chosen children” will become adults. This is the last adventure of Tai and Agumon.
Source: Official Press Release
About Toei Animation Inc.
Based in Los Angeles, Toei Animation Inc. manages the film distribution of Toei Animation’s top properties, including all the Dragon Ball series, Sailor Moon, One Piece, Digimon series, Saint Seiya, and many others to North America, Latin America, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Toei Animation’s Los Angeles office further handles all categories of consumer product licensing based on its film and television brands within these territories. For more information, please visit toei-animation-usa.com.
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving, and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network that delivers culturally relevant programming, movie, and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Shout! Factory Kids, Scream Factory, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.