Metroid Dread, WarioWare: Get It Together!, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Shin Megami Tensei V and the Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Among Many Games Coming to Nintendo Switch
What You Need to Know:
- During its nearly 40-minute E3 2021 Nintendo Direct video presentation, Nintendo spotlighted a wide variety of new games coming to the Nintendo Switch system – with many launching this year! Announcements include Metroid Dread, the first 2D Metroid game starring bounty hunter Samus Aran with a new story in 19 years; Mario Party Superstars, a new game in the Mario Party series featuring classic boards from the Nintendo 64 era and a collection of minigames from across the series; Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp, which includes the first two Advance Wars games rebuilt from the ground up; WarioWare: Get It Together!, the newest game in the frenetic and humorous WarioWare series; and Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda, which is inspired by Game & Watch systems and features three of the earliest games in the Legend of Zelda series.
- In addition, the next DLC fighter in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2* was revealed as Kazuya Mishima from the TEKKEN series. The debut of a new teaser for the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild also premiered during the Nintendo Direct presentation, showing off gameplay and a new world high above the kingdom of Hyrule.
- A slate of exciting games from development and publishing partners were also featured, including Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope from Ubisoft, a sequel to the hit game Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle; Shin Megami Tensei V from Atlus, the next entry in the acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei role-playing series; and three games in the Life is Strange series from SQUARE ENIX, including the latest game Life is Strange: True Colors.
- To view the Nintendo Direct video in its entirety, visit https://www.nintendo.com/e3/. Check below to learn more about the top announcements from the E3 Nintendo Direct!
- The first 2D Metroid game with a new story in 19 years is coming this year to Nintendo Switch. Metroid Dread is a direct sequel to 2002’s Metroid Fusion game and concludes the five-part saga focusing on the strange, interconnected fates of bounty hunter Samus and the Metroids, which kicked off with the original Metroid game for NES. In this game, Samus heads alone to a mysterious remote planet and is hunted by a dangerous new mechanical threat, the E.M.M.I. robots. By gaining abilities, you can return to areas you’ve already visited to find new places and hidden upgrades in classic Metroid gameplay. Explore the sprawling map, evade the E.M.M.I. robots and overcome the dread plaguing the planet when Metroid Dread launches for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 8. Pre-orders for the game start today! The Metroid Dread: Special Edition will also be available at launch, which includes the game, a steelbook, a 190-page 2D Metroid franchise artbook and five cards that feature box art from all the games in the five-part saga. Finally, a new Samus amiibo figure featuring her suit from Metroid Dread and an E.M.M.I. amiibo figure will be available in a two-pack set at launch.
- A new teaser for the upcoming Nintendo Switch game showed off gameplay, as well as a vast new world high above the kingdom of Hyrule. The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is aiming to launch for Nintendo Switch in 2022. More information about the game will be revealed in the future.
- Kazuya Mishima from the TEKKEN fighting game series joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the latest DLC fighter in Fighters Pass Vol. 2, which also includes Min Min from ARMS, Steve & Alex from Minecraft, Sephiroth from FINAL FANTASY VII and Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, along with one final yet-to-be-announced fighter. Fighters Pass Vol. 2 can be purchased by visiting https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/dlc/. More information about Kazuya, including his exact release date, will be revealed in a special video presentation hosted by Masahiro Sakurai on June 28.
- Wario is back! But this time, his friends are also playable! In WarioWare: Get It Together!, play through a vast array of quick microgames as Wario or his friends. Each character has a distinct ability, changing the way you tackle each microgame. For the first time in the series, two players can also play microgames together on the same screen by sharing two Joy-Con controllers, or using wireless play with an additional system and game. The weird, wild and wacky WarioWare: Get It Together! game launches for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 10. Pre-orders start today in Nintendo eShop!
- Mario and his friends team up with the Rabbids once again to restore order to the galaxy! Explore planets filled with quirky residents, and even quirkier secrets, while you stop a mysterious evil from plunging the universe into chaos. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope will launch for Nintendo Switch in 2022. If you want to experience the original Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle game, it’s now more than 80% off in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and on Nintendo.com!
- In the latest entry of the acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei RPG series, play as a high school student who must harness newfound powers to fight through a demon-infested wasteland using a command-based system, where finding your enemy’s weak points is key to executing powerful combos. Though demons are formidable opponents, some can be worthy allies and recruited via negotiations to fight alongside you in a dying world. How will your destiny unfold? Find out when Shin Megami Tensei V launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on Nov. 12. Physical pre-orders start June 21.
- Command an army in strategic, turn-based combat as a tactical advisor for the Orange Star Army. Your expertise is needed as you move land, air and naval units across the battlefield and unleash powerful CO abilities to turn the tide of battle. Take down enemy squads and capture towns and bases to secure victory and keep the peace. Keep an eye on the game-changing terrain and weather as you lead units across two campaigns that cover the events of the Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising games! Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp launches for Nintendo Switch on Dec. 3. Pre-orders start today in Nintendo eShop!
- This new retro-inspired Game & Watch system includes three classic games in the Legend of Zelda series – The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – as well as a special version of Game & Watch classic Vermin starring Link as a playable character. A playable digital clock based on The Legend of Zelda and a playable timer themed after Zelda II: The Adventure of Link are also included. Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda launches on Nov. 12 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.
- Ready for another round of Mario Party mania? It’s time for a superstar collection of Mario Party boards and minigames! Mario Party Superstars features five classic boards from the Nintendo 64 era and a collection of 100 minigames from across the Mario Party series – and all game modes can be played online!** Mario Party Superstars launches for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 29. Pre-orders start today in Nintendo eShop!
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2 launches for Nintendo Switch on July 9.
- Life is Strange: True Colors launches for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 10.
- Life is Strange Remastered Collection launches later this year.
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania launches for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 5.
- Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp launches later this year.
- Danganronpa Decadence launches for Nintendo Switch later this year.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass: By purchasing the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass for $19.99, you will receive two waves of DLC as they release: Wave 1: Pulse of the Ancients on June 18 and Wave 2: Guardian of Remembrance by the end of November. Pulse of the Ancients features added weapon types, challenging enemies and an expanded roster, including the new playable Battle-Tested Guardian. Guardian of the Remembrance will bring new character vignettes, added stages, an expanded roster and new battle skills for existing characters.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush pre-orders for the game are now available in Nintendo eShop.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD launches July 16. A new Zelda & Loftwing amiibo figure, as well as a set of Joy-Con controllers themed after the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, also launch on the same day.
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 launches for Nintendo Switch on June 25. Pre-orders are now available in Nintendo eShop.
- Just Dance 2022 launches for Nintendo Switch on Nov. 4.
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Version launches for Nintendo Switch on Oct. 26.
- Two Point Campus launches for Nintendo Switch next year.
- Worms Rumble pre-orders open before it wriggles onto Nintendo Switch on June 23.
- FATAL FRAME: Maiden of Black Water releases on Nintendo Switch this year.
- Cruis’n Blast launches as a console exclusive on Nintendo Switch this fall.
- DOOM Eternal DLC campaign expansion DLC will be available on Nintendo Switch later today!
- DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT + A NEW POWER AWAKENS SET launches for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 24.
- Strange Brigade launches for Nintendo Switch later today!
- Astria Ascending launches for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 30.
“With Nintendo Switch now in its fifth year, we have a diverse software lineup from Nintendo, as well as our development and publishing partners, including new games announced in this Nintendo Direct. We hope players of all kinds – even those who have yet to play Nintendo Switch – will find games they’ll enjoy.”
-Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Kazuya Mishima Joins Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
WarioWare: Get It Together!
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope:
Shin Megami Tensei V
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda
Mario Party Superstars
Other Game Announcements
Source: Official Press Release