“Our growing family of 23 studios is devoted to advancing the medium we all love.” -Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox
What You Need to Know:
- At the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase help on June 13th, fans got a closer look at the next era of gaming and they pulled the curtain back on 30 titles, 27 of which will be a part of Xbox Game Pass.
- The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase was all about content, showing off brand new titles from AAA blockbusters to indie masterpieces. We showed 30 games, 27 of which will be in Xbox Game Pass.
- Every single console title in our showcase is optimized for Xbox Series X and Series S – offering next gen performance, speed, and features.
- We also announced that now through the end of the year, you can look forward to back-to-back monthly releases landing day one on Xbox Game Pass, led by five new titles from Xbox Game Studios, including:
- “Halo Infinite,” featuring free-to-play multiplayer for the first time in its storied history, giving us the opportunity to build the biggest Halo community ever, launching this holiday.
- “Forza Horizon 5,” a vibrant next-gen showcase, featuring the largest, most diverse open world ever in a Forza Horizon game thanks to the power of the Xbox Series X, launching on November 9
- “Age of Empires IV,” the upcoming sequel to the beloved PC strategy series, launching October 28
- “Psychonauts 2,” a follow-up to the 2005 cult comedy classic developed by the award-winning team at Double Fine Productions, launching August 25
- And “Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life”, an epic original adventure that brings Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean into “Sea of Thieves” as a free update that launches June 22!
- It was also announced that both “Starfield” and “Redfall” will be Xbox console exclusives. “Starfield,” the highly-anticipated RPG from Bethesda Game Studios launching Nov. 11, 2022 and “Redfall,” a co-op shooter from the creative minds at Arkane Austin launching next Summer, will both be coming exclusively to Xbox Series X|S and PC.
- Finally, a variety of beloved and highly-anticipated games that are joining Xbox Game Pass were shared, such as:
- “Back 4 Blood”
- “Among Us”
- “Yakuza Like a Dragon” (meaning the entire mainline series is now playable in XGP)
- “S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2” (on PC)
- If you missed it, you can watch the whole showcase on YouTube!
“We’re committed to forging the next era of gaming – conjuring worlds never before possible, unlocking play across all devices and delivering the power of games to everyone. And now we get to share that quest with Bethesda, not just as partners but as one team, united in bringing the very best games, to more people, everywhere.”
” Sarah Bond: Corporate Vice President, Gaming Ecosystem at Microsoft
“Our goal has always been to bring players together, and for the first time we're thrilled to offer our entire multiplayer experience to all players across Xbox and PC with no barriers. ‘Halo Infinite’ multiplayer will be free to play and invite more of you than ever before to become a Spartan hero.”
Bonnie Ross, Head of 343 Industries
“Now through the end of the year, you can look forward to back-to-back monthly releases landing day one on Game Pass, led by five new titles from Xbox Game Studios as well as highly anticipated games like ‘Back 4 Blood,’ ‘Twelve Minutes,’ and ‘The Ascent.’”
Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox
Source: Official Press Release