Seven Seas announecs 2 manga acquisitions and one light novel license coming to its Airship imprint later this year
What You Need to Know:
- Seven Seas Entertainment, through its Airship light novel imprint, is excited to announce the license acquisition of the light novel series Disciple of the Lich: Or How I Was Cursed by the Gods and Dropped Into the Abyss! by Nekoko and Hihara Yoh, an isekai adventure about an ordinary boy taken under the wing of a mysterious undead girl!
- An ordinary teenager is transported to a fantasy world, accidentally gets on the bad side of the gods, and is dumped in the bottom of the world’s deepest dungeon with no skills or magic. Ouch! Once there, he meets a mysterious girl...who happens to be undead. But despite her general dislike of humans, she decides to help him out. Can the two of them make it back to the surface? They might just be a more powerful combo than anyone was expecting!
- Seven Seas will publish the series Disciple of the Lich: Or How I Was Cursed by the Gods and Dropped Into the Abyss! (Light Novel) for the first time in North America in print and (early) on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in September 2021 for $13.99 USA / $17.99 CAN as part of Seven Seas’ Airship light novel imprint.
- Seven Seas Entertainment also announced the license acquisition of the manga series Monster Guild: The Dark Lord’s (No-Good) Comeback! by Tourou, a comedic and (anti)heroic fantasy in which a defeated villain builds a motley crew for his monstrous comeback!
- It’s hard to defeat a mighty hero when he keeps coming back to life--in fact, it’s impossible. The Dark Lord, stuck in a loop of battling a good guy who won’t stay dead, finally loses the fight and meets his own end...or so it would seem. The Dark Lord saved himself by putting his soul into an empty vessel, and now he’s about to stage his own comeback. He may be weak now, but along with his newly formed fellowship of misfits--a slime, an orc, an ifrit, and a dark elf--he’s convinced he can rebuild his evil empire, one bumbling step at a time.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Monster Guild: The Dark Lord’s (No-Good) Comeback! for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in September 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- Skip and Loafer by Misaki Takamatsu, the critically acclaimed romantic comedy about a country girl chasing her dreams in Tokyo, will also join Seven Seas' large manga library!
- Excellent student Iwakura Mitsumi has always dreamt about leaving her small town, going to a prestigious university, and making positive change in the world. But she’s so focused on reaching her goals that she’s not prepared for the very different (and overwhelming) city life that awaits her in a Tokyo high school. Luckily, she makes fast friends with Shima Sousuke, a handsome classmate who’s as laid-back as she is over-prepared. Can this naive country girl make it big in Tokyo with Sousuke by her side? This charming manga was nominated for the 2020 Manga Taisho Award and is sure to skip its way into your heart.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Skip and Loafer for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in August 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
Disciple of the Lich: Or How I Was Cursed by the Gods and Dropped Into the Abyss!
Monster Guild: The Dark Lord’s (No-Good) Comeback!
Skip and Loafer
Source: Official Press Release
About Seven Seas Entertainment
Established in 2004, Seven Seas Entertainment specializes in bringing the best of Japanese manga and light novels to North American audiences, and producing original comics, graphic novels, and youth literature. As of July 2021, Seven Seas and all of its book imprints are distributed by Penguin Random House Publisher Services. For more information, visit sevenseasentertainment.com