What You Need to Know:
- Final Fantasy 7 to many people is a timeless classic that will forever resonate in their souls for eternity. The PlayStation title, which released back in 1997, still continues to reverberate around the gaming world as being of the best RPGs of all time, selling millions of copies since its initial debut. Fast forward to the present moment and Final Fantasy 7 Remake is officially out worldwide (check out our review btw), and not only fans but newcomers to the popular series have celebrated its release with open arms.
- Here in Japan, the game has hit an incredible milestone as Final Fantasy 7 Remake sold over 700,000 copies in the first 3 days of its release, making it the highest selling title for the month of April, which to be honest isn't much of a surprise. Final Fantasy 7 Remake was one of the few titles that avoided the COVID-19 delay window, which affected the month of April a lot, but as a positive thing since it gave Square Enix the leverage needed to carry Final Fantasy 7 Remake straight to the top of the gaming charts. Thank you Famitsu!
- We won't spoil much of the game for those who haven't played yet but it's well worth the purchase! Nostalgia heads will undoubtedly fall in love and newcomers will come to understand why after 21 years the game is still legendary status. Just as a reference to how powerful Square Enix's title is, Animal Crossing: New Horizon's for the Nintendo Switch came out swinging for the week it came out, but for this week it only managed to secure 292,876 units. Final Fantasy 7 Remake totally ecclipsed that as you can tell. Now all we need is the PS5 with part 2!!
Top Selling List for April 6 - April 13
1. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) – 702,853 Sold
2. Atsumare Doubutsu no Mori (Switch) – 292,876 Sold
3. Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4) – 34,698 Sold
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch) – 14,171 Sold
Definitely not surprised by this one!
Nomura, Kitase and Nojima you did again!