What You Need to Know:
- Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced that the acclaimed MMORPG, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online has reached 18 million registered players worldwide during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE stream.
- In addition, Yoshida provided first details on Patch 5.2, titled Echoes of a Fallen Star, a new series of global FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals for 2020-2021, a new FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers™ art book, and the next free login campaign for the game.
- Patch 5.2 is the next major update for the award-winning Shadowbringers expansion and will feature a wealth of new content, which we'll list down below!
- Additionally, the first FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers art book, titled FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers The Art of Reflection -Histories Forsaken- is now available for pre-order. Scheduled to release in May 2020, this gorgeous, oversized, full-color art book showcases hundreds of pages of artwork and will also include a bonus code to redeem an in-game “Wind-up Dulia-Chai” minion. The book is available for preorder on the SQUARE ENIX Store: http://sqex.link/ffxivaor.
- The next series of global FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals for 2020-2021 was also announced, with events confirmed in North America, Europe, and Japan. Additional details will be available at a later date.
- Now through January 14, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players without an active subscription are invited to return and enjoy five free consecutive days of complimentary playtime (up to 120 hours) this holiday season during a special Free Login Campaign. Additional information can be found here: https://sqex.link/a4iFt
Source: Official Press Release
*** TEXT ***
After watching that documentary about this game, I'm so happy for the team behind it all!
Yeah totally! Good for them on turning this game around and making it a success!