What You Need to Know:
- Nintendo have announced a series of new strategy-RPG Fire Emblem games for mobile devices, Nintendo 3DS, and the new Nintendo Switch.
- Firstly, Fire Emblem Heroes will be coming to iOS and Android as a free game with in-app purchases available. The original strategy RPG will feature well-known characters from the worlds across the series, all newly hand-drawn with newly recorded voiceovers.
- Secondly, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will be coming out for the 3DS on May 19. The new game is inspired by the 1992 Japan-exclusive original, Fire Emblem Gaiden, but reimagined with a modern twist.
- Thirdly, Fire Emblem is teaming up with KOEI TECMO GAMES’ Warriors series to bring Fire Emblem Warriors to the new 3DS systems, including the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as Nintendo Switch. It is anticipated for release sometime in fall 2017.
- Finally, Fire Emblem will be coming to Nintendo Switch - the first new mainline game for a home system in ten years!
Woah... That's a whooole lot of new Fire Emblem games... Where are you supposed to find time to play them all?
Oh, you find time. You just have to. And I, for one, am going to. It's my duty.