What You Need to Know:
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. has announced that, with the support of SHUEISHA Inc. and TOEI ANIMATION Co., Ltd., it will be holding a worldwide DRAGON BALL broadcast online event, the DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour for DRAGON BALL fans worldwide.
- The DRAGON BALL series is a worldwide phenomenon that spans all forms of media and merchandise including its popular manga series which has sold more than 260 million copies, an animated show that has expanded through more than 80 countries and regions around the world, as well as successful games, figures, and toys. The DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour is the first-time multiple games will be highlighted at a single DRAGON BALL event and will feature a variety of programs delivering the best of DRAGON BALL, for an unforgettable day filled with excitement for fans around the world.
- The DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour will feature three of the most fiercely competitive DRAGON BALL games available – the home console DRAGON BALL FighterZ video game, the DRAGON BALL SUPER CARD GAME trading card game released by BANDAI Co., Ltd., and the smartphone app, DRAGON BALL LEGENDS.
- Fans will be able to enjoy watching competitors from around the world represent each game with special teams and unique tournament formats tailored specifically for DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour. DRAGON BALL FighterZ will welcome four top players from five different regions including Japan, France, US West Coast, US East Coast, and Spain, champions for each region of the DRAGON BALL SUPER CARD GAME Championship 2019 tournament will compete against each other, and pro players from the DRAGON BALL LEGENDS world tournament held two years ago make a triumphant return. These “can’t miss” battles for each title will be broadcast live across the globe in both Japanese and English.
- Fans from around the world can join the event by participating in an interactive online program that will be featured in tandem while the battles are taking place. The Online Arena lobby will allow participants to interact with other fans as though they were live in-person at the event. Fans can create a unique avatar and use the lobby emote functions to express their emotions and share thoughts about DRAGON BALL to others from around the world while cheering on players as they engage in heated battles.
- Fans can expect several other exciting programs featuring additional products and merchandise from the BANDAI NAMCO Group to further enhance the event including a Mosaic Art Campaign. Fans can submit screenshots and pictures of their best DRAGON BALL game memories through Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #DBGameMoment starting Wednesday, February 3, 2021 until Monday, February 8, 2021 to be included in the final art piece. More details about the Mosaic Art Campaign and additional programs will be announced soon.
- The DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour can be viewed online on Saturday, March 6, 2021 PST—time is TBD. For more information regarding the DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour please visit https://dbgbh.bn-ent.net/en/, follow the event on Twitter or on Instagram!
Three popular DRAGON BALL games take the stage! The greatest battles are about to begin!
Experience the heat of battle with Online Arenas for fans from around the world to enjoy!
Programs featuring the best of DRAGON BALL
Source: Official Press Release
About DRAGON BALL FighterZ
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and Arc System Works come together to bring to you spectacular fights like no other! Experience high-end anime graphics, and unleash high-speed ground and aerial combos just like in the “DRAGON BALL” series. Players can create their very own team of fighters, taking into account their unique skills and abilities, and test their mettle in 3 vs 3 tag battles to bring their very own dream battle to life.
Since its launch in 2018, the game continues to captivate players through tournaments, such as the “DRAGON BALL FighterZ World Tour” where players compete in heated battles around the world.
About DRAGON BALL SUPER CARD GAME
DRAGON BALL SUPER CARD GAME is a trading card game series released by BANDAI CO.,LTD in July of 2017 for the international market. The simple, yet strategic design of the trading card game brings the world of DRAGON BALL right into the player’s hand.
With more than 360 characters, the beautiful illustrations and high-quality cards that make full use of the printing technology produced in Japan are highly valued for their collectability. It is currently available in more than 40 countries and regions around the world (excluding Japan), and has gained overseas fans of all ages, from adults to children.
About DRAGON BALL LEGENDS
With over 40 million players worldwide, this smartphone game app features high quality 3D models, and fully voiced action-packed battles that can be played online with other players worldwide. Experience heated battles with a flick of a finger!