What You Need to Know:
- ‘Haru Urara’, the ending theme song to TV anime ‘Fruits Basket: The Final’, has a new music video that features gorgeous scenes and illustrations from the anime. The song by GENIC is a mid-tempo ballad that is ideal for the arrival of spring, with positive messages about friendship and making a new start. Its title roughly translates as ‘Springtime Vibes’.
- The video is based on the ending visuals from the anime, and includes illustrations by Natsuki Takaya, the creator and author of the original ‘Fruits Basket’ manga, who is also supervisor of the animated series. Takaya’s evocative character illustrations leave a warm, endearing feeling.
- GENIC have also uploaded a video to their official YouTube account titled ‘Team Contest!! King Atsuki Final Battle!!’, in which the group’s members compete to prove who knows the most about fellow member Atsuki Mashiko. The video gives an insight into the close relationship shared by the members of GENIC, as part of their ‘GENIC HOUSE’ series. On social media, fans made comments such as “Isn't this video too awesome?!”, “I was waiting for this!” and “Airheaded Atsuki is the best”.
- GENIC’s seven male and female members were selected from avex’s new dance and vocal group training program ‘a-genic PROJECT’. The group was formed in summer 2019 as a limited-time project, undertaking challenges such as opening the stage at the a-nation 2019 festival.
- GENIC’s first release, ‘SUN COMES UP’, was released on November 15 that year, and ranked 4th on the weekly LINE MUSIC chart. This was followed on December 16 by the GENIC Premium Showcase 2019 solo concert, throwing the group into full-scale activity.
- From January 2020, they performed as the opening act on Da-iCE’s BEST TOUR 2020 -SPECIAL EDITION-, followed by their own tour of shopping malls around Japan titled GENIC Live Circuit 2020 – though this tour was unfortunately cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They released their debut album, ‘GENEX’, on May 27.
- GENIC member Atsuki Mashiko is also a popular actor, and he has appeared in the theater productions ‘Kamen Rider Zangetsu’ and ‘Musical The Prince of Tennis: 3rd Season’. Meanwhile, Maria Kaneya was selected as the representative for Japan in the Miss World 2020 pageant, and is pursuing many exciting new challenges.
- You can watch ‘Fruits Basket’ on the following streaming platforms:
GENIC ‘Haru Urara’ music video
‘GENIC HOUSE #9 Team Contest!! King Atsuki Final Battle!!’
Digital single: ‘Haru Urara’
Release date: April 5, 2021
GENIC collected links:
GENIC official website: https://avex.jp/genic/
GENIC official Twitter account
GENIC official Instagram account
GENIC official TikTok account
GENIC from a-genic PROJECT YouTube channel:
● Funimation (United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand)
● Wakanim (France, Germany, Russia, Nordics)
● AnimeLab (Australia, New Zealand)
● ADN (France, Belgium, Switzerland)
● Animax (Southeast Asia)
● Tooniverse (South Korea)
● STARZPLAY (Middle East)
● iQIYI (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Southeast Asia)
● KKTV (Taiwan)
● CHT MOD (Taiwan)
● friDay (Taiwan)
● Ani-Gamer (Taiwan)
● myVideo (Taiwan)
Source: Official Press Release