We will also hold an RT campaign for 1 user to win ‘Spinning Otaku Coin’!
What You Need to Know:
- The Otaku Coin Association is excited to announce the additional distribution of the 100 Limited Original Otaku Coin NFT! The NFT is fully on-chain and will be distributed on Ethereum to the NFT owners as of 12/15/2021 23:59:59 (JST).
- The ‘Original Otaku Coin NFT’ was released in spring this year and sold out immediately. The collection has been gathering great attention since the total distribution has exceeded 25ETH.
- The ‘Original Otaku Coin NFT’ is available on OpenSea and other secondary distribution platforms: https://opensea.io/collection/limited-edition-otaku-coin
- In addition, in commemoration of the fully-on-chain NFT, we will also hold an RT campaign for 1 user to win the ‘Spinning Otaku Coin’ NFT.
- The fully on-chain version of the ‘Original Otaku Coin’ NFT will be distributed on Ethereum for the old ‘Original Otaku Coin’ owners as of 12/15/2021 23:59:59 (JST). The distribution will take place at a later date for free (the Otaku Coin Association will take responsibility for the 1.5 to 2M JPY of GAS fee). It is a Christmas present from us!
- The image for the old ‘Original Otaku Coin’ NFT will change to “No Image” after a period of time.
- Example of the ‘Original Otaku Coin NFT’ (excerpt):
- Not all NFTs in circulation are fully-recorded on a blockchain. Typically, the status of an NFT is secured using an InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), which uses a decentralized file server to save images and videos. This system protects an NFT from tampering by writing the reference URL into the meta-information on the blockchain. However, using a decentralized file server does not mean the eternal existence of the server. When it comes to the persistence of an NFT, IPFS is not a perfect solution.
- Fully-on-chain NFT refers to an NFT with all its information, including the image data, written on a blockchain. As long as basic blockchains such as Ethereum are around, it secures an environment in which the data can exist. Therefore, it is known as an NFT with a higher persistence and security value.
- The significance and reputation of fully-on-chain NFTs are growing more and more as the pioneer NFT project ‘CryotoPunks’ has also gone fully-on-chain in August 2021.
- Entry: RT the campaign tweet with the hashtag.
- Entry period: 11/30/2021 12:30 to 12/6/2021 23:59 (JST)
- We believe that enthusiastic anime fans around the world are as big of a supporter of anime culture as we are. Therefore, the Otaku Coin Association has turned our logo © into NFT and created 100 different color versions for anime fans to be used as a symbol of how we want to support the anime industry and community and our mission of spreading the love of anime globally together. Only 100 will be created, therefore, each unique colored coin is a limited edition ‘one-and-only’ item. By releasing the fully-on-chain version that includes the image data on Ethereum, we aim to provide a drastically improved user experience in terms of persistence and security value.
- Download the Otaku Coin app and follow them on social media!
- Official website
Schedule for the Fully-on-Chain Original Otaku Coin NFT
*The images above are a sample and may differ from the actual design after release.
What is a fully-on-chain NFT?
RT Campaign for ‘Spinning Otaku Coin’ NFT
*1 winner will be chosen by lottery.
*Please do not forget to follow our official account as we will contact the winner through DM.
*NFT distribution is scheduled for by the end of December.
About 100 Limited ‘Original Otaku Coin’
Source: Official Press Release