Original Music from My Hero Academia Composer Yuki Hayashi Will be Performed Live at the Javits Convention Center
What You Need to Know:
- Funimation, the market leader in bringing anime to the forefront of audiences worldwide, is orchestrating a celebratory event of plus ultra proportions when the music of composer Yuki Hayashi comes to life at Anime NYC with the My Hero Academia Official Live Concert on Friday, November 19, 2021 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan in celebration of My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission releasing in theaters Oct. 29th. Tickets to the film can be purchased at FunimationFilms.com.
- Hit selections of original music by Yuki Hayashi, from the sensational anime series My Hero Academia, will be performed live by a full rock band and symphonic musicians. Scenes from the anime will be displayed in the background of the show for fans to relive their favorite moments. Guests can also expect to see special appearances from talent close to the series, including Yuki Hayashi himself who will be traveling from Japan to welcome fans at the show.
- Co-organized with the Consulate General of Japan in New York, the concert event is part of Anime NYC, and Anime NYC admission is required to attend. An additional free My Hero Academia Concert ticket is also required, and will be available today starting at 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST, first come, first served at:
- The concert is produced by soundtrec and represented by SOHO Live, who have collaborated previously on Capcom Live: The Capcom Official Concert Tour, The Devil Awakens: The Official Devil May Cry Concert, The Rising of the Shield Hero Official Live Concert, and the Video Game Orchestra.
- My Hero Academia is a Japanese anime series based on the manga series by Kohei Horikoshi. It tells the story of a young boy, Izuku Midoriya, who lives in a universe where superpowers – or “Quirks” – have become commonplace. Izuku dreams of being a hero, although he was born without superpowers. Through the help of friends, family, and heroes, Midoriya is admitted into THE prestigious high school for heroes in training. This is where his journey begins.
- My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission continues the journey of the young heroes-in-training as they try to save the world in a thrilling, edge-of-your-seat addition to this global phenomenon franchise. In My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission, when a sinister organization threatens to wipe out all superhuman powers, the fate of the world is on the line. With two hours until the collapse of civilization, Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki manage to work as a team, but there’s still one problem. Deku’s on the run for murder. My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission is the third My Hero Academia film and comes on the heels of the launch of the fifth season of the My Hero Academia series currently streaming on Funimation. The previous two My Hero Academia films are My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising (2020) and My Hero Academia: Two Heroes (2018).
- Friday, November 19| 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm EST
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center - Main Stage
- Anime NYC is working closely with the Javits Center, New York City, and New York State to create the safest experience possible for all attendees, exhibitors, talent, and guests. Per the City of New York, everyone 12-years-old or older entering the Javits Center for Anime NYC must show proof of vaccination and everyone must wear face coverings while at Anime NYC. Attendees under 12-years-old will be allowed at Anime NYC as long as they provide a negative PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of their first day at Anime NYC.
MY HERO ACADEMIA OFFICIAL LIVE CONCERT
Get ready to experience My Hero Academia like never before in an electrifying live concert featuring music from the first five seasons of the series to relive all of its most iconic moments.
The My Hero Academia Official Live Concert will be a high-energy event featuring a rock band with epic orchestral elements, performing all-new arrangements of the My Hero Academia soundtracks written by Yuki Hayashi himself, while above the band a giant screen plays synchronized HD video from the anime.
From the origins of Izuku Midoriya to the adventures of the U.A. students, from their dramatic battles against the League of Villains to the U.A. High School Festival, this concert will give the My Hero Academia community their ultimate fan experience.
If it’s anime, it’s Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App. Headquartered in the US and connected by a global network, our anime-obsessed team serves the fandom in over 52 countries and 10 languages. With over 400 team members, we’ve built a global community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
soundtrec is a Boston-based music and concert production company founded by Okinawa-native Shota Nakama. soundtrec has composed, arranged, recorded, mixed, and mastered the official soundtracks for AAA game titles (Final Fantasy XV, Sonic Mania, No Straight Roads) as well as major anime hits (The Rising of the Shield Hero, Made in Abyss). soundtrec has also produced the official concerts for some of the most memorable anime and video game franchises.
About SOHO Live
SOHO Live is a Tokyo-based entertainment agency, specialized in concerts of video game and anime music. SOHO Live has acted as the promoter, booking agency, and marketing agency for the official concerts of major video game & anime franchises such as Dragon Ball, Pokémon, Final Fantasy, NieR, and Capcom, bringing their live soundtracks in front of audiences worldwide.
About Anime NYC
Anime NYC powered by Crunchyroll is New York City’s anime convention! A showcase of the best of Japanese pop culture in the biggest city in America, Anime NYC brings anime fans and publishers together for three days of unique exhibits, exclusive screenings, extensive panels, and appearances by some of the biggest creators in Japan. This year’s event takes place November 19-21 in New York’s Javits Center, and we invite you to join over 50,000 fans for a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, cosplay, movies, food, fashion, travel, technology, toys, and games in the heart of NYC! For more, visit animenyc.com.
Source: Official Press Release