Super Fans Will Be Transported to an Anime Fantasy Wonderland at Funimation’s Sakura Park, Panels to Include Demon Slayer and My Hero Academia
What You Need to Know:
- Funimation, the market leader in bringing anime to the forefront of audiences worldwide, is coming to New York Comic Con, October 7-10, 2021 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan.
- Attendees are invited to escape the bustle of the ‘Con, find your zen and enter into an anime sanctuary where everyone belongs. Fans will be transported to Funimation: Sakura Park, an experience that will be a manifestation of Japanese-inspired anime fantasy. Throughout the weekend, guests are welcome to enjoy a branded food truck, search for hidden easter eggs, snap one-of-a-kind photo opps behind aesthetic backdrops and faux cherry blossom trees, win exclusive giveaways, engage in a professional cosplay photo shoot, and much more -- including exclusive opportunities and benefits for Funimation subscribers! And, of course, the adjacent Funimation Shop to bring all fans’ beloved anime lifestyle home with them.
- NYCC attendees -- whether superfans of anime or just casual viewers -- can also gain insights on the hottest anime titles this year in Funimation-hosted panels, including My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. Funimation kicks off its panel lineup on Thursday with its Anime Lives Here: Funimation Panel, providing insights on what’s new and exciting in the world of anime. On Friday, the English dub voice actors from My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission, the third film of the series coming to US theaters on October 29, will set the stage to discuss one of the most highly anticipated movies of the year. Lastly, grab a Saturday ticket aboard the hype train for a look back at the worldwide phenomenon Demon Slayer -Kimtesu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train, with appearances from the English dub voice actors from the series and box office-shattering film.
- On Thursday, October 7, Funimation will host a one-night Subscriber only celebration of anime at NYC’s premier rooftop bar at The Press Lounge, blocks away from the convention center. The event is for anime fans looking to kick back, catch up with old friends and new, and enjoy themed drinks, photo booths, and more under the stars. The event is free on a first-come, first-serve basis with limited capacity and attendees must RSVP, be 21+ years of age, and must show their NYCC badge, proof of Funimation subscription and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- For those who cannot make it to the panels, Funimation: Sakura Park experience, or attend NYCC, Funimation will be hosting daily recaps on its Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube Channel, giving fans all the greatest highlights from each day, including panels, cosplay, fan interviews, collectible features, and so much more.
- Check out Funimation’s full NYCC lineup of panels and experiences below:
“Funimation is excited to return to New York Comic Con in what has been a monumental year for anime and for the fan community. NYCC attendees and fans will truly feel welcomed and embraced into the world of anime with the activations and brand presence we have planned.”
Gita Rebbapragada, Chief Marketing Officer of Funimation Global Group.
FUNIMATION: SAKURA PARK
Thursday, October 7 - Saturday, October 9 | 10:00 am - 7:00 pm EST
Sunday, October 10 | 10:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Showroom – Booth # 1557
Escape the shuffle of the con floor and step into Funimation: Sakura Park, where you can snap pics, grab giveaways, and take a breather. Find your zen, then turn the corner for The Funimation Shop booth. Looking for anime? It all happens here!
ANIME HAPPENS HERE: FUNIMATION PANEL
Thursday, October 7 | 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm EST
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center – Location TBD
The world of anime is about to get a whole lot bigger! Huge new shows streaming this Fall, Funimation co-productions, and hot topics like My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission. Catch all the latest news in anime, all right here.
● Moderators: Lauren Moore (Funimation) and Chris Han (Funimation)
FUNIMATION SUBSCRIBER EVENT
Thursday, October 7 | 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm EST
The Press Lounge (653 11th Avenue at 48th Street, 16th Floor, New York, NY, 10036)
Funimation also invites its subscribers to a one-night only celebration of anime at NYC’s premier rooftop bar at The Press Lounge, blocks away from the convention center. The event is free on a first-come, first-serve basis with limited capacity and attendees must RSVP, be 21+ years of age, and must show their NYCC badge, proof of Funimation subscription and proof of COVID-19 vaccination. The event is for anime fans looking to kick back, catch up with old friends and new, and enjoy themed drinks, photo booths, and more under the stars. RSVP TO: FunimationFansNYCC@civic-us.com
MY HERO ACADEMIA NEW MOVIE PANEL
Friday, October 8 | 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center – Empire Stage
Your sneak peek into the next chapter of the global anime phenomenon starts here. Presented by Funimation, the panel includes an exclusive preview of My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission before the movie hits theaters October 29!
● Panelists: TBD
● Moderator: Lauren Moore (Funimation)
DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN PANEL
Saturday, October 9 | 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm EST
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center – Empire Stage
Board the Mugen Train once again! Presented by Funimation, this panel is your deep dive into Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train. Join the English voices of some of your favorite characters as they discuss everything from heart-wrenching scenes to moments that fans love most.
Panelists include Aleks Le (Zenitsu), Abby Trott (Nezuko), Landon McDonald (Enmu), and Lucien Dodge (Akaza - Upper Three) along with a special video message from Zach Aguilar (Tanjiro), Bryce Papenbrook (Inosuke), and Mark Whitten (Rengoku).
● Panelists: Aleks Le, Abby Trott, Landon McDonald, and Lucien Dodge
● Moderator: TBD
If it’s anime, it’s Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App. Headquartered in the US and connected by a global network, our anime-obsessed team serves the fandom in over 52 countries and 10 languages. With over 400 team members, we’ve built a global community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong. Funimation is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Source: Official Press Release