Film Set to Release in Japan on October 29 and Coming Soon in the U.S. and Canada
What You Need to Know:
- Funimation revealed new details including key art, the latest trailer, and additional cast for the upcoming anime film and co-production, Sing a Bit of Harmony. The film, which will be released in Japan on October 29, is coming soon to theaters in the United States, and Canada.
- Funimation has also revealed additional cast members have joined the film, including Sayaka Oohara, Kenji Hamada, Kenjiro Tsuda, Kazlaser(Maple Chogoukin), Miyu Sakihi. Previously announced cast and crew include Tao Tsuchiya (ERASED) as Shion, Haruka Fukuhara (Kaguya-sama: Love is War?) as Satomi and Asuka Kudo as Toma. The cast will also include Kazuyuki Okitsu, Mikako Komatsu (Dr. STONE) and Satoshi Hino (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba).
- FILM SYNOPSIS: Sing a Bit of Harmony tells the story of the beautiful and mysterious Shion (Tao Tsuchiya) who transfers to Keibu High School where she quickly becomes popular for her open-hearted personality and exceptional athletic talent... but she turns out to be an AI (artificial intelligence) in the testing phase! Shion's goal is to bring chronic loner Satomi (Haruka Fukuhara) “happiness.” But her strategy is something no human would expect: she serenades Satomi in the middle of the classroom. After finding out that Shion is an AI, Satomi and her childhood friend, engineering geek Toma (Asuka Kudo), steadily warm up to the new student. Along with the popular and attractive Gotchan (Kazuyuki Okitsu), the strong-willed Aya (Mikako Komatsu), and judo club member "Thunder" (Satoshi Hino), they become more and more moved by Shion's singing voice and earnestness even as her antics bewilder them. But what Shion does for Satomi's sake ends up involving them all in some serious pandemonium… Get ready for the heartwarming story of a not quite market-ready AI and her classmates!
- Sing a Bit of Harmony is written and directed by Yasuhiro Yoshiura, who took home the “Excellence Award” at the Japan Media Arts Film Festival’s animation division for his work on Patema Inverted: Beginning of the Day, and the “Best Anime Award” at the Tokyo International Anime Fair’s OVA division for Time of EVE.
- The film’s crew also includes Ichirou Ohkouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Lupin the Third Part 5) as co-screenwriter, Kanna Kii (The Stranger by the Shore) as original character designer, with J.C.STAFF (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.) for animation production, and Hidekazu Shimamura (Trigun: Badlands Rumble, Code Geass: Akito the Exiled) as animation director, Ryo Takahashi (SK8 the Infinity) for musical composer and Yohei Matsui serves as songwriter.
Sing a Bit of Harmony | Official Trailer 3
Source: Official Press Release
If it’s anime, it’s Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by a global network, our anime-obsessed team serves the fandom in over 50 countries and 10 languages. With over 400 team members, we’ve built a global community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.