More than 18 publishers set to debut world premiere content during gamescom: opening night live, hosted by Geoff Keighley.
What You Need to Know:
- Today, gamescom, the world’s largest event for video and computer games, and producer Geoff Keighley (The Game Awards) announced more details about the lineup for gamescom: Opening Night Live, a spectacular live showcase of world premiere game content and announcements.
- Opening Night Live, a two-hour live showcase, will stream internationally across all major game streaming platforms in English, with local translations available. A special 30 minute pre-show will feature additional world premieres.
- Some of the publishers scheduled to make announcements and debut world premiere content during Opening Night Live include: 2K; Activision; Bandai Namco; Bethesda; Blizzard Entertainment; Bungie; Deep Silver; Devolver/Mediatonic; Electronic Arts; Frontier; Focus Home; Gearbox; headup Games; Sony Interactive Entertainment; Square Enix; Warner Bros. Games; Xbox Game Studios and more surprises to be announced.
- A number of independent game studios and German game developers will also make announcements. Additional details on specific games and game content will be revealed in the coming days. IGN’s Sydnee Goodmann will join Geoff Keighley to co-host the Opening Night Live event, which will kick off gamescom 2020, an all-digital celebration of video games.
- gamescom: Opening Night Live Streams Live Across All Platforms Globally This Thursday (8/26) at 8 pm CEST / 2 pm ET / 11 am PT.
- Live Show Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmuwW9IpJ0
- Visit https://www.gamescom.global/home/ for more info.
Source: Official Press Release
“2020 has been a very different year for gaming events, which makes what we’re producing for gamescom a very special moment. This will be a live 2-hour showcase from Los Angeles filled with games and announcements from developers and publishers across the entire industry.”
Geoff Keighley, producer/host, gamescom: Opening Night Live.
About Geoff Keighley
Over the past two decades, Geoff Keighley has established himself as the leading
producer of programming and events that celebrate video games as the most
powerful form of entertainment. He is the creator and founder of The Game
Awards, the video game industry’s annual awards show, which was seen by more
than 49 million digital viewers around the world 2019. The Game Awards will
return in December 2020.
Koelnmesse – Global Competence in Digital Media, Entertainment and Mobility:
Koelnmesse is an international leader in organising trade fairs in the Digital Media,
Entertainment and Mobility segments. Trade fairs like photokina, DMEXCO,
gamescom, INTERMOT and THE TIRE COLOGNE are established as leading
international trade fairs. Koelnmesse not only organises trade fairs in these areas in
Cologne, but also in other growth markets like, for example, China, Singapore and
Thailand, which have different areas of focus and content. These global activities
offer customers of Koelnmesse tailor-made events in different markets, which
guarantee sustainable and international business.