What You Need to Know:
- Yesterday, global community-focused esports organization and tournament platform Generation Esports announced the key dates for their back to school Fall Major tournaments for their North American student esports organizations: the popular High School Esports League (HSEL) and the newly launched Middle School Esports League (MSEL).
- Students headed back to school (remotely or in-person) can kick off the fall semester with exciting esports competitions, with $30,000 USD in college scholarships and 30 Nintendo Switch™ video game consoles available as prizes!
- Registration for the HSEL Fall Major and the MSEL Fall Major is available now and close on September 27 and September 20, 2020, respectively. Fall Major tournaments kick off on September 28 and run until November 22. Playoffs for both tournaments begin on December 4, 2020.
- The HSEL Fall Major is open to any North American high school team registered with HSEL with an active Battlepass. The full list of esports titles featured in the HSEL Fall Major includes Overwatch, NBA2K21, CS:GO, Smash, Madden 21, Rocket League, Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege, Hearthstone, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Prizing for the HSEL Fall Major falls into two categories: Championship prizing, which takes the form of scholarship money awarded to members of the winning teams, and Quest prizing, which offers participating teams a chance to win all sorts of prizes — including gift cards for Zaxby’s and Skullz, Loot Crates, and a “Super Secret Mystery Prize” from ASUS ROG TUF featuring high-end gaming gear. The HSEL Fall Major has a scholarship prize pool of $30,000 USD available to winners of the multiple competitive titles. Quest prizes are won by completing various challenges throughout the event.
- Announced earlier this year, MSEL is Generation Esports’ first league for North American middle schools. Competitive titles included in the MSEL Fall Major are Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Rocket League, Just Dance 2020, and Minecraft. Champions of the MSEL Fall Major will win their schools’ esports clubs five Nintendo Switch consoles!
- For more information on the HSEL Fall Major please head to: https://generationesports.com/blog-content/hsel-fall-major-2020-survival-guide.
- Thanks to the innovative technologies that power Generation Esports’ tournament platform, competitors of the HSEL and MSEL Fall Majors can easily find time-slots and enter queues to arrange gameplay sessions with opponents for online competitions. Pricing to join HSEL and MSEL begins at just $40 USD and $20 USD per student per tournament, respectively. Annual packages are available that include additional perks and are cheaper for growing programs. For Title 1 schools looking to raise funds for league fees and/or esports-related equipment, GenE facilitates financial assistance through STEM grants and its partnerships with non-profit organization Varsity Esports Foundation (VEF) and fundraising service partner FundMyTeam.
- To learn more about HSEL and MSEL, please visit https://hsel.org and https://middleschoolesports.com.
Source: Official Press Release
Like and follow Generation Esports on social media to stay up to date!
They added middle schools too! That's too cool!
We live in an awesome world!