Explore a more detailed, vivid, and immersive world of Teyvat with 4K resolution, enhanced textures, and faster loading times on Sony's next-gen console
What You Need to Know:
- Today, global interactive entertainment developer and publisher miHoYo showcased the PlayStation®5 version of its popular open-world action RPG title, Genshin Impact, in a new dev talk video. Coming on April 28, 2021, the PlayStation®5 version will run in native 4K resolution with enhanced textures and offer a smoother and more seamless adventure experience for new and existing Travelers.
- Genshin Impact is a free-to-play open-world action RPG that brings players to the visually stunning world of Teyvat. The player takes on the role of the mysterious "Traveler," who sets off on a journey to discover the fate of their lost sibling and unveils the mysterious secrets of Teyvat along the way. Currently, players can explore both Mondstadt and Liyue Harbor, two of the seven major cities in Teyvat, each with unique cultures, stories, and vast surrounding landscapes, and offering a diversity of creatures, monsters, secrets, and hidden treasures for players to discover. Further cities, stories, characters, and seasonal events will be released as the game progresses.
- In the latest video, miHoYo revealed some of the key ways in which Genshin Impact has been upgraded to take advantage of the PlayStation®5 platform and offer next-generation game performance. Enhanced textures and a new graphics library created from scratch add a new depth of detail to the game world, bringing Teyvat to life in richer and sharper detail than ever before. A tailor-made file-loading system exploits the powerful SSD of the PlayStation®5, achieving much faster loading times to offer a seamless adventure traversing the vast and diverse in-game environments. Players on PlayStation®5 will also be able to enjoy the exclusive view of a remodeled Qingyun Peak in Liyue, one of the most popular landmarks in the game.
- Check out the Genshin Impact PlayStation®5 dev talk video here
- miHoYo also confirmed plans to take the functionality of the PlayStation®5 version further in the future, including providing additional support for the DualSense Controller's features. "We've been working to develop various functions to fully utilize this next-gen console in the long run," said Zhenzhong Yi, Technical Director of miHoYo. "In future updates, we will have much more potential to elevate the visual quality and game performance — we are only scratching the surface."
- Genshin Impact will come to PlayStation®5 on April 28, 2021, coinciding with the release of the game's Version 1.5 update. The game remains free-to-play and existing players on the PlayStation®4 version will be able to continue their adventure.
- First released on PS4, PC, Android, and iOS on September 28, 2020, the game has been rated T for Teen by ESRB on PS4, PC, and Google Play, and 12+ on iOS.
- For more information and updates, please visit the official Genshin Impact website or follow @GenshinImpact on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Source: Official Press Release
"Tech Otakus Save the World!" Founded in Shanghai in 2012, miHoYo dedicates itself to being a leader in the interactive entertainment industry, with creative content covering games, manga, novels, and more, striving for perfection in all it delivers. miHoYo endeavors to bring its vision to the players of the world, and create a lasting and supportive community.