miHoYo promises to deliver a leveled-up open world for a next-generation console
What You Need to Know:
- Global interactive entertainment developer and publisher miHoYo confirmed to fans today that its popular open-world action RPG title, Genshin Impact, will come to PlayStation®5 soon. First released in September 2020 for PlayStation®4 and currently available on PlayStation®5 via backward compatibility, the new release is a native version for Sony's next-generation console that features enhanced visuals and game performance.
- Check out Genshin Impact PlayStation®5 Announcement Trailer:
- Genshin Impact is a free-to-play open-world action RPG that brings players to the visually stunning world of Teyvat. The player takes on the role of the mysterious "Traveler," who sets off on a journey to discover the fate of their lost sibling and unveils the mysterious secrets of Teyvat along the way. Currently, players can explore both Mondstadt and Liyue Harbor, two of the seven major cities in Teyvat, each with unique cultures, stories, and vast surrounding landscapes, and offering a diversity of creatures, monsters, secrets, and hidden treasures for players to discover. Further cities, stories, characters, and seasonal events will be released as the game progresses.
- The PlayStation®5 version aims to deliver an even richer and more immersive open-world experience. Running in razor-sharp 4K resolution with enhanced textures across every part of the game, the world of Teyvat will look more detailed and vibrant than ever before, while faster loading times will allow players to enjoy a more seamless experience as they travel between the diverse and beautiful in-game environments.
- Genshin Impact for PlayStation®5 arrives soon. The game remains free-to-play and existing Genshin Impact players on the PlayStation®4 version will be able to continue their adventure on PlayStation®5 for a next-gen experience.
- First released on PS4, PC, Android, and iOS on September 28, 2020, Genshin Impact has been rated T for Teen by ESRB on PS4, PC, and Google Play, and 12+ on iOS. For more information and updates, please visit the official Genshin Impact website or follow @GenshinImpact on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
"The PlayStation®5 is an ideal platform to enhance the vast open world featuring in Genshin Impact, allowing the team to incorporate more thoughts and ideas into the game, both now and in the future. That's why we've been working to bring the native PlayStation®5 version of the game to our players as soon as we could."
Forrest Liu, President of miHoYo
Source: Official Press Release
"Tech Otakus Save the World!" Founded in Shanghai in 2012, miHoYo dedicates itself to being a leader in the interactive entertainment industry, with creative content covering games, manga, novels, and more, striving for perfection in all it delivers. miHoYo endeavors to bring its vision to the players of the world, and create a lasting and supportive community.