What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that it is partnering with select theater operators and technology providers to distribute MADE IN ABYSS: Dawn of the Deep Soul, the long-awaited feature film based on the acclaimed manga series by Akihito Tsukushi, to North American audiences starting September 18, 2020. The film’s updated release schedule includes virtual screenings through select cinemas for audiences at home!
- Dawn of the Deep Soul continues the epic adventures of young explorers Riko and Reg, who are joined by their new friend Nanachi as they descend into the Abyss’ treacherous fifth layer, the Sea of Corpses. There they encounter the mysterious Bondrewd, a legendary White Whistle whose shadow looms over Nanachi’s troubled past. Although Bondrewd is ingratiatingly hospitable and the trio soon becomes fast friends with his gregarious daughter, Prushka, the brave adventurers know things are not always as they seem in the enigmatic Abyss...
- The distribution of MADE IN ABYSS: Dawn of the Deep Soul was previously delayed due to the impact of COVID-19 and the film debuted on August 14, 2020 in select theaters. For more information or to purchase a virtual cinema ticket, visit www.madeinabyssmovies.com.
- A Kinema Citrus (MADE IN ABYSS) production, series’ director Masayuki Kojima (Revue Starlight) returns to direct Dawn of the Deep Soul with scriptwriting from Hideyuki Kurata (The Fruit of Grisaia). Miyu Tomita (The Magnificent KOTOBUKI), Mariya Ise (The Promised Neverland) and Shiori Izawa (Sword Art Online) reprise their roles as Riko, Reg and Nanachi, respectively. In addition, Australian composer Kevin Penkin (Norn9) returns to craft the film’s all-new, critically lauded score.
- For Sentai’s latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!
Source: Official Press Release
Now everyone will get to enjoy it!
I'm down to watch it again!