What You Need to Know:
- Tokyo Otaku Mode (TOM) has announced that they are launching a limited time collaborative merchandise project with Sword Art Online! To date, TOM has shared information and distributed merchandise related to the Sword Art Online series that continues to be popular around the world. TOM has also served as the official international media partner for Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale, which premiered in Japan in February 2017 and has recorded a total of 3.35 billion yen worldwide in box office earnings.
- During its activities related to the Sword Art Online series, TOM has received a significant amount of feedback from fans overseas who expressed their interest in experiencing the series through different formats and methods. This Sword Art Online × Tokyo Otaku Mode Collaborative Merchandise Project was launched in response to such feedback.
- The concept of this project is to create merchandise for everyday use that a wide range of fans can enjoy. Merchandise created through this project will differ from existing character goods that are based on illustrations of each character. To increase and ensure fan satisfaction, merchandise design drafts are revealed to fans during the planning phases of the project, and adjustments are made based on fan feedback. The completed merchandise are available in Japan and also around the world.
- For the first round of this project, they have announced that scarves and beanies will be going on sale in the likelihood of Kirito and Asuna. They will be sold either as the Kirito set, the Asuna set, or, if you have that special someone or are just a purist, you can get both as a set too!
- They will retail for ¥9700 (~87.50 USD) or you can snag both for ¥18,500 (~167 USD). You may look at those prices and hesitate, but you should not because you know why? THE SHIPPING & TAXES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE! What a deal! (Especially considering certain sites will charge you more on top of the price). For those diehard SAO fans, this is for you!
- For those wanting a set or both, go here! You only have till August 5th to get them, so do so now before they run out!
I already have reserved three sets. Let's do this!