What You Need to Know:
- The extraordinary animated film Weathering With You will be available to purchase in 4K UHD on January 4, 2022 from GKIDS with distribution from Shout! Factory. Weathering With You (4K UHD) features the highest possible quality version of the film, in stunning 4K UHD™, as well as the full-length feature and bonus features on Blu-ray™, including an interview with Director Makoto Shinkai, the “Weather Front” Featurette, a talk show interview with Makoto Shinkai and journalist Yumiko Udo, Director Filmography Featurette, and trailers & TV spots.
- GKIDS proudly presents Weathering With You (4K UHD), the much-adored film from director Makoto Shinkai and the creative team, including producer Genki Kawamura, behind the critically-acclaimed, global smash hit Your Name. Featuring music from the hit band RADWIMPS, and backed by an all-star voice cast including Lee Pace (Guardians of the Galaxy, The Hobbit Trilogy), Alison Brie (“GLOW”, The Lego Movie franchise), and Riz Ahmed (Rogue One: A star Wars Story, Venom), Shinkai has once again brought incredible beauty and a powerful story to the screen.
- The summer of his high school freshman year, Hodaka runs away from his remote island home to Tokyo, and quickly finds himself pushed to his financial and personal limits. The weather is unusually gloomy and rainy every day, as if to suggest his future. He lives his days in isolation, but finally finds work as a writer for a mysterious occult magazine. Then one day, Hodaka meets Hina on a busy street corner. This bright and strong-willed girl possesses a strange and wonderful ability: the power to stop the rain and clear the sky…
- Japan’s Official Submission for Best International Feature at the 92nd Academy Awards, and a Toronto International Film Festival Official Selection, this magical tale’s awe-inspiring beauty thrilled audiences when the film hit North American theaters in early 2020.
- Also available on Blu-ray™/DVD combo, DVD, SteelBookTM , Collector’s Edition, and on EST/VOD, Weathering With You (4K UHD) is now available for pre-order.
- 4K UHD Presentation of Feature Film
- Interview with Director Makoto Shinkai
- “Weather Front” Featurette
- Talk Show: Makoto Shinkai and Yumiko Udo
- Director Filmography Featurette
- Trailers & TV Spots
Weathering With You (4K UHD)
For the complete Weathering With You (4K UHD) experience, viewers will need a 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR and a UHD Blu-ray™ player.
Bonus Features (exclusive to the Blu-ray™ disc)
GKIDS is the producer and distributor of award-winning feature animation for both adult and family audiences. Since 2010, the company has scored an astounding 12 Best Animated Feature Oscar nominations with The Secret of Kells in 2010, A Cat in Paris and Chico & Rita in 2012, Ernest & Celestine in 2014, The Tale of The Princess Kaguya and Song of the Sea in 2015, Boy and the World and When Marnie Was There in 2016, My Life as a Zucchini in 2017, The Breadwinner in 2018, Mirai in 2019, and Wolfwalkers in 2021. GKIDS handles North American distribution for the famed Studio Ghibli library of films, one of the world’s most coveted animation collections with titles Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke and others; as well as the critically acclaimed television series, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also, GKIDS is the founder and host of ANIMATION IS FILM, the annual LA-based film festival which embraces the highest aspirations of animation as a cinematic art form, and is a vocal advocate for filmmakers who push the boundaries of the medium to its fullest range of artistic expressions. www.gkids.com
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production, as well as the preservation and revitalization of the very best in pop-culture entertainment. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, IFC Films, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties as well as anime, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizon Pictures Library, and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
Established in 1932, Toho has grown its business in the motion picture, real estate and legitimate theatre sectors. Specifically in motion picture, Toho maintains a market share of over 40% in distribution –Toho handling the domestic titles and Toho-Towa and Towa Pictures distributing foreign films. In exhibition, Toho Cinemas manages over 640 screens with a market share of about 20% in Japan. In recent years, Toho has strengthened its development and production capabilities bringing about 20% of own productions into its 30 to 35 title annual slate. Toho’s extensive collaboration with Japanese IP owners continues to introduce an entertaining, creative and innovative world of cinema. In the 84 year history, Toho has worked with renowned Japanese filmmakers including Akira Kurosawa, Yasujiro Ozu, Kenji Mizoguchi and auteurs whose ideas and characters still resonate with modern audiences today. Containing well over 7,000 titles, Toho has created masterpieces with versatile talents. Toho continues on this path by remaining a reliable distribution partner for industry veterans like Studio Ghibli and all the key TV networks, and also fresh talent like director Makoto Shinkai and the ever so inventive Kankuro Kudo.
Source: Official Press Release