What You Need to Know:
- Internationally beloved “kawaii” character GLOOMY BEAR will make his animated debut with a new TV series set to air in Japan in April 2021.
- A new bilingual promotional video announcing GLOOMY THE NAUGHTY GRIZZLY has been released to YouTube featuring new dialogue and visuals! Check it out below.
- Veteran actor Koichi Yamadera (the voice of Spike Spiegel in the Cowboy Bebop anime) has been cast in the lead role of GLOOMY, while Natsuki Hanae (the voice of Tanjiro Kamado in the smash-hit anime series Demon Slayer) has been cast as GLOOMY’s young owner PITY.
- Originally created by Osaka-based artist Mori Chack, GLOOMY BEAR first debuted as a character in 2000. The appeal of GLOOMY and PITY’s unusual relationship – full of cuteness, violence, and surprising emotional depth – led to a wave of GLOOMY merchandise and high-profile collaborations in Japan. Eventually, GLOOMY would win devoted fans all over the world as well.
- In addition to the anime series announcement video, there is also an additional promotional clip focusing on GLOOMYs creator Mori Chack and the 20-year build-up to the new GLOOMY BEAR anime series. The video is in Japanese only but we get to see images of Mori as a young artist showing off and selling his merch in shopping centers and sidewalks and then shops as his carreer as an artist grows.
Source: Official Press Release
For more information, please visit: