What You Need to Know:
- NIS America has announced today that GOD WARS Future Past is coming to the Playstation®4 and Playstation®Vita this March! It will launch phsycially and digitally on March 28th, 2017 for North America, and March 31st, 2017 for Europe!
- Pre-orders have begun and you can find out more at the official site.
- They have also launched a Facebook Page here where fans of Tactical RPGs and Japanese lore will be able to find out more about the game AND contests! In fact, they will be doing a giveaway contest through the facebook page where one lucky winner will get the chance to go to Japan and create their own stories! Like and Follow the Facebook page for more.
- For those who are curious, check out the story below!
A long time ago, there was a beautiful land made up of three nations: Fuji, Izumo, and Hyuga.This land was called Mizuho. The people of Mizuho disliked conflict, honored their ancestral spirits, and lived in harmony with nature. However, over time, they began cultivating crops, forging and using metal, fighting wars, destroying nature, and neglecting to honor their ancestral spirits.
- In the meantime, various locations in Mizuho suffered from natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions. In order to stop a destructive eruption, the Queen of Mizuho, Tsukuyomi, sacrificed her beloved daughter Sakuya to the mountain, confined her other daughter Kaguya within a bamboo seal in case of future disasters, and then disappeared. 13 years later, Princess Kaguya has grown into a beautiful woman and her childhood friend, Kintaro, saves her during a riot. She rises against her "fate to be a sacrifice," and in order to follow her own path, they both escape from Fuji and journey across Mizuho to discover the truth behind Tsukuyomi's decision.
Tactics games have a certain.... je ne sais quoi about them that draws me in.
Anything with Japanese lore and I. Am. There. I love reading about it. Thank goodness for March!
One of the points is that this game looks at some of Japan's untold stories.