What You Need to Know:
- Following its successful Japan and Mexico releases, the highly-anticipated, 13-episode anime series Godzilla Singular Point is making its global premiere June 24th on Netflix.
- Story: Brought together by a mysterious song, a grad student and an engineer lead the fight against an unimaginable force that may spell doom for the world… Godzilla Singular Point is an original anime series featuring character designs by Blue Exorcist’s Kazue Kato and a new Godzilla design from legendary Ghibli animator Eiji Yamamori.
- Following the success of Godzilla anime films, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and Godzilla: The Planet Eater comes an all new original anime series from director Atsushi Takahashi (Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi).
- Anime studio bones (My Hero Academia) in partnership with studio Orange (Beastars, Land of the Lustrous), serve as series producers, combining hand-drawn and CG animation styles.
- In addition to director Takahashi, the creative team includes Kan Sawada, composer for countless Doraemon films and series such as Yowamushi Pedal, Japanese science-fiction novelist Toh Enjoe making his TV debut as editor and writer for the series, Kazue Kato creator of Blue Exorcist and the hit comic currently serialized in Jump Square will serve as the character designer, and animator Eiji Yamamori from Studio Ghibli films including Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and The Wind Rises will do the Kaiju design.
Godzilla Singular Point | Official Trailer | Netflix Anime
Jacks-of-all-trades Yun and Haberu investigate sounds emanating from an empty mansion. They locate the source nearby, while Mei hears the same tune.
Yun, Goro and their robot Jet Jaguar clash with a hostile pterosaur-like kaiju, Rodan. Mei travels to Tokyo to meet with a world-renowned researcher.
A legion of Rodan swarm towards Nigashio. The Otaki Factory crew scramble to lure them away from the city, but soon find themselves surrounded.
Yun and Haberu deduce that Misakioku may be linked to the Rodan incursion. Mei attends Li's lecture in Dubai, where the professor reveals new material.
Salunga emerges from the depths of the Upala research station shrouded in red dust. Meanwhile, Yun observes Anguirus exhibiting an uncanny ability.
Mei discovers a mysterious code in Professor Ashihara's research. The Otaki crew confront Anguirus as part of the city's extermination efforts.
Following a group of Manda, a giant kaiju makes landfall in Tokyo. Red dust forces Mei and Professor Li's flight to London to divert to Milan.
Ground forces under the command of Matsubara respond to Godzilla’s attack on Tokyo. Now in London, Mei attempts to decipher Ashihara’s research.
Godzilla continues to advance on Tokyo, covering the city in red dust. The Otaki crew rushes to rescue a person ensnared by spider-like kaiju.
Back at Ashihara’s mansion, Yun and Haberu attempt to decipher the professor’s research using Jet Jaguar. In India, Lina takes Mei to meet with BB.
Before heading to the Super Dimension Calculator, BB offers Mei a view of the Singular Point. The Otaki crew leave for Tokyo to destroy Godzilla.
Mei learns of a large explosion triggered by Ashihara's calculator long ago. Kanoko gives Matsubara the Orthogonal Diagonalizer to use against Godzilla.
Mei, BB and Pelops II attempt to prevent the Catastrophe, but Salunga ambushes them. Meanwhile, the Otaki crew make their final push toward Godzilla.
Source: Official Press Release
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Toho Company, Limited, is a Japanese entertainment studio focused on the development, production, exhibition, and distribution of powerful live action and animated content including motion pictures, television and theater. Founded in 1932, Toho remains a prominent force in bringing brands and original storytelling with versatile talents to audiences worldwide. Its subsidiaries include Toho Cinemas, the highest grossing exhibition company in Japan, and Toho International, Inc., a U.S. established incorporated company that manages and commercializes Toho’s intellectual property portfolio. To learn more about Toho, visit: www.toho.co.jp/en/.
bones was founded by Sunrise staff members Masahiko Minami, Hiroshi Ousaka and Toshihiro Kawamoto in October 1998. The company's name was originally inspired by the idea "to create animations with bones" and it continues to produce high quality visual works today. bones is renown for its dynamic animated action sequences such as robot animations which continue to attract fans around the world. They are considered one of the most notable anime studios in the world today. They have produced numerous titles, including My Hero Academia, Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN and Netflix’s original anime series Carole & Tuesday.
Established in 2004 and founded by famed CG animator Eiji Inomoto, Orange is a Japanese animation studio based in Musashino, Tokyo that specializes in the production of 3DCG animation. The studio is known for its exaggerated 3D and directing style, which differs from the traditional movement often found in CG works. In 2017, the studio produced Land of the Lustrous. In 2018 Orange released Monster Strike The Movie 2 Sora no Kanata to theaters. Orange has led Marui Group's original animation Sobae and the IDOLiSH7 Music Video. In 2019 they launched their first Netflix original anime series Beastars globally.