Prideful Sloth Breathes Life into the Cozy Genre Once More
What You Need to Know:
- Grow: Song of the Evertree, the breathtaking world-crafting sandbox developed by Brisbane-based Prideful Sloth and published by 505 Games, blooms and spreads world-class adventure with life management and exploration elements on PC, PlayStation® 4, Xbox One™, and Nintendo Switch™ today.
- Carrying the weight of the Worlds of Alaria on its burly branches, the majestic Evertree once stood proudly, shrouded in wonder and beauty. Long has this image changed, as its once-dignified presence dwindled into nothing more than a sapling at the hands of a force called the Withering. The Evertree’s final hope for salvation rests with the last Everheart Alchemist, entrusted with caring for the tree.
- Following the 2017 release of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, Prideful Sloth further embraces the relaxing comfort of the cozy genre flourishing over the last decade with Grow. Set off on a delightful adventure filled with vibrant and spirited surroundings, accompanied by an entrancing soundtrack by BAFTA award nominee composer Kevin Penkin (Florence, Star Wars: Visions.)
- Endless paths and opportunities stand before an Everheart Alchemist, from growing fantastic lands on the branches of the Evertree to nurturing communities and fostering friendships. The unique gameplay features unforgettable colors and aesthetics, and encourages diversions from fishing to solving puzzles and exploring caves. In Grow, creative freedom is the very soul of adventure.
- Every aspect of Grow’s fantastical world creates an experience worth getting lost in; a comforting place where kindness and consideration are rewarded. A thoughtful mindset extends to the developers as well, as they make contributions to the Arbor Day Foundation based on the number of times Grow was wishlisted on Steam. These contributions will result in the planting of trees around the world.
- Grow: Song of the Evertree launches on PC via Steam (with a further 10%off discount), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch today, for $24.99/€24.99/£19.99. A physical Nintendo Switch edition will be available in retail stores for $29.99/€29.99/£24.99 in February 2022.
- For more information on Grow: Song of the Evertree please check out the official Steam page, follow the game on Twitter @GrowEvertree, join the Grow Discord channel, and use #GrowEvertreeGame on social media.
“With the launch of Grow on PC and consoles today, we are absolutely thrilled to welcome players to Alaria. Grow is a game about exploring and existing that we view as an inviting and cozy evolution of our previous work. We sincerely hope that Alaria can become a digital home away from home for all who take the time to visit.”
Cheryl Vance, Game Designer at Prideful Sloth.
About 505 Games
505 Games, a Digital Bros’ subsidiary, is a global publisher focused on offering a broad selection of video games for players of all ages and skill levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on console and PC platforms as well as mobile devices.
Publishing highlights include DEATH STRANDING (PC), Control, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Ghostrunner, Gems of War, Journey to the Savage Planet, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.
505 Games has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, China, and Japan. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit 505games.com.
About Prideful Sloth
Prideful Sloth was founded in Australia in 2015 by Joel Styles, Cheryl Vance, and John Northwood as an independent and quality-driven game development studio with a micro-AAA approach to game development. The team focuses on detailed worldbuilding and player-driven narrative experiences. The award-winning team is experienced and production-proven, crafting games that capture players with artistic excellence, charm, and whimsy.
In 2017 they released their first, and flagship title, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. An open-world adventure across a beautiful, vibrant island, available on PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
For more information about Prideful Sloth, please visit Pridefulsloth.com.
Source: Official Press Release