What You Need to Know:
- Arc System Works America is excited to announce that Guilty Gear -Strive-, the latest entry in the critically acclaimed Guilty Gear fighting game franchise is now out for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, and Steam®!
- Arc System Works also shared a message from Takeshi Yamanaka, the producer of the game, for their fans:
- Arc System Works America will be hosting a Launch Event for Guilty Gear™ -Strive- on Saturday, June 12th from 4pm – 10pm PDT to celebrate the release of the latest entry in the groundbreaking Guilty Gear franchise.
- Produced by Level Up Productions, the event will feature new character exhibitions, public lobbies where people can play against some of the best Guilty Gear players in North America, and a Team Region Battle Royal featuring players from Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- The event will be streaming on Twitch at: https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu
“It’s a great pleasure for us to officially release Guilty Gear™ -Strive- to you today. It’s been a long time coming and we appreciate your patience.
With this being the latest entry into the series, we rebuilt the game from the ground up using all new assets. The game is now more accessible than ever, and we feel GGST is a must-play for those new to fighting and action games.
The evolution of the 2.5D cell-shaded graphics that Guilty Gear has become known for along with the heart-pounding rock soundtrack, our intention with the game is to deliver an exhilarating experience for new and longtime fans.
With Strive the story of longtime protagonist Sol Badguy, which has been going for over 20 years, comes to an end in a moving finale in the game’s cinematic story mode.
Everyone on Arc System Works “Team RED” has put their heart and soul into the creation of this game and we hope you enjoy it.
However, this is not the end of the story. We will regularly update the game with additional characters and stories, and Guilty Gear™ -Strive- will continue to evolve and grow with our fans and the fighting game community.
We hope you stick with us for the long haul.”
Takeshi Yamanaka, Guilty Gear™ -Strive- Producer
Guilty Gear™ -Strive- Launch Event
Guilty Gear -Strive- Launch Trailer
Source: Official Press Release