“We Got the Spin” Releases Digitally Feb. 5, "Beyblade Burst Surge" Premieres in the U.S. on Disney XD on Feb. 20
What You Need to Know:
- Lakeshore Records is set to release the opening theme song for the fifth season, SURGE, of the hugely popular anime series BEYBLADE BURST. An exuberantly funky track titled “We Got The Spin,” produced, written and composed by Konrad OldMoney with lyrics and vocals by Johnny Gr4ves (Zeboria Peters), the song matches the exhilarating energy of the show. “Konrad OldMoney—We Got The Spin (feat. Johnny Gr4ves) [Beyblade Burst Surge Opening Theme Song] will be released digitally on February 5 and BEYBLADE BURST SURGE will air in the U.S. on Disney XD beginning February 20 @ 8AM EST.
- The BEYBLADE anime series, produced by ADK Emotions, is based on the original Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Takao Aoki. BEYBLADE began airing in Japan in 1999 and has become a global phenomenon airing in over 80 countries. The brand maintains its huge fanbase with its unforgettable characters and interactive gameplay, both digital and physical. BEYBLADE BURST SURGE is the follow up to BEYBLADE BURST RISE in the third generational cycle of the BEYBLADE series. This theme song was created for the English version of the show.
- Listen to it now!
- Pre-save and purchase the track here: https://smarturl.it/bbbsurgetheme
- Beyblade Burst Surge: From high atop the Blading world reign the Blading Legends, a select group of Bladers who set the standard to which all other hopefuls aspire. No challenger yet has succeeded in breaking through their ranks. A legend among legends, Valt Aoi hosts an exhibition match featuring a revolutionary class of Bey: “Lightning Beys”. Inspired by the battle, two unknown brothers, Hyuga and Hikaru Hizashi, issue a challenge: armed with their own Lightning Beys Hyperion and Helios, this unlikely duo is going to topple Beyblade’s ruling elite.
- As the Hizashi brothers’ challenge envelops the world’s Blading legends, a new tournament is born to determine who among them is truly the best. In the middle of this mayhem, there lurks a unique Blader shrouded in mystery. Will Hikaru and Hyuga be the spark that ignites a Blading revolution? With their solar Beys in hand, the brothers are ready to begin their own legend of growth and adventure.
“We Got The Spin" was just as fun as the song sounds! I happen to be a huge anime fan and Beyblade is iconic to me, so getting to make a bouncy Hip Hop record for the Season 5 Theme Song was a dream come true!"
"I grew up playing Beyblade, so it really feels like I'm passing the torch to my nephew and his generation. It's been an honour!"
Johnny Gr4ves (Zeboria Peters)
Source: Official Press Release
ABOUT KONRAD OLDMONEY
Konrad OldMoney is an award winning music producer and composer who has been featured for his work in publications such as Forbes Magazine, Vice, MTV, NY Post, Complex, The Source, Fader Magazine, and many others.
He is pioneering the sonic landscape of video games, multimedia and artist projects by boldly combining various disciplines of art, music and cultural influences.
You can find his work on a variety of AAA video game titles such as Cyberpunk 2077, Fifa, UFC, NBA, SSX, Fight Night and many others.
- Konrad OldMoney is defining the future of music and is the driving force in the contemporary wave of multimedia entertainment.
Follow on Spotify!
ABOUT JOHNNY GR4VES
Zeboria Peters Pka, Johnny Gr4ves, hailing from Victoria, Canada, started his songwriting career while he was just a junior in high school. In 5 short years he became an award-winning songwriter working with major artists around the world, placing multiple songs on one of the biggest video games of all time, Cyberpunk 2077, and most recently, Beyblade. There's a lot more time to make a lot more history, and Johnny Gr4ves won't waste a second of it.
ABOUT LAKESHORE RECORDS:
Lakeshore Records is a four-time Grammy Nominated record label, and the soundtrack arm of the Cutting Edge Group. Lakeshore Records is the global independent leader in top line soundtrack album releases, including such popular, critically acclaimed and classic soundtracks as Bridgerton, Drive, Stranger Things, The Old Guard, Cyberpunk 2077, When They See Us, The Handmaid's Tale, Black Mirror, Star Trek: Picard, Bojack Horseman, Les Miserables, Mandy, Narcos, Logan, The Walking Dead, Napoleon Dynamite, Bill and Ted Face the Music, Red Dead Redemption 2, Legion, the Academy Award nominated Lady Bird and Academy Award winners Moonlight, Little Miss Sunshine, American Factory, If Beale Street Could Talk and The Hurt Locker and many, many more.
Lakeshore Records works with the most respected, award-winning artists and composers such as Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, Mary J. Blige, Hans Zimmer, Grimes, Common, Jonny Greenwood, Mica Levi, Willie Nelson, Alexandre Desplat, Nick Cave and Warren Ellis, Run the Jewels, PJ Harvey, Philip Glass, Aloe Blacc, Willie Nelson, Rhiannon Ghiddens, Daniel Lanois, Nicholas Britell, Ziggy Marley, Danny Elfman, Giorgio Moroder, Aska Matsumiya, Clint Mansell, Bootsie Collins, Thomas Newman, Kris Bowers, Cliff Martinez, Randy Newman, James Horner, Gunship, Mark Isham, Kathryn Bostic, Carter Burwell, Rolfe Kent, Josh Homme, Gustavo Santaolalla, Nina Kraviz, Dario Marianelli, Mark Mothersbaugh, The JBs, Gazelle Twin, Christophe Beck, Rachel Portman, Amanda Jones and many many more.
As a full-service boutique record label, Lakeshore Records remains dedicated to supporting a diverse roster of world-class talent, providing top-to-bottom music services & solutions, developing innovative marketing strategies & brand partnerships, hyper-specialized artist relations & development, and crafting the greatest records in the world.
For more information visit: www.lakeshorerecords.com