CD PROJEKT RED, creators of Cyberpunk 2077, together with Netflix and Studio Trigger present all new promotional materials for the upcoming Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime, including a new key visual, a teaser trailer, and a production documentary video. The parties have also announced that the show will premiere in September of this year.
What You Need to Know:
- Revealed during Netflix’s Geeked Week, an event dedicated to geek culture shows, movies, and games available and set to arrive on the streaming platform, the new assets mark the first time Cyberpunk: Edgerunners has been shown off in motion — in the form of a teaser trailer as well as the first part of a series of behind the scenes videos.
- In addition to commentary about the show’s development from key CD PROJEKT RED staff involved in the project, the documentary also features first-look stills and concept art as well as an exclusive clip and scene breakdown from the anime. Future behind the scenes videos will cover other aspects of the show, with extra insight from members of Studio Trigger.
- The new key visual for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, drawn by chief character designer of the show Yoh Yoshinari and released as part of Geeked Week, presents the show’s protagonists, David and Lucy. The pair is also shown throughout the teaser trailer and behind the scenes video, along with other major and minor characters of the show.
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in a technology- and body-modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.
- The show is created by renowned game development studio CD PROJEKT RED, with Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt creative talent involved in the project. Bringing the world to life in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is acclaimed Japanese-based animation company Studio Trigger, with Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Promare) directing the show. Yoh Yoshinari (Little Witch Academia, BNA: Brand New Animal) is assigned as chief character designer as well as executive animation director. Masahiko Otsuka (Star Wars: Visions ‘The Elder’) and Yoshiki Usa (GRIDMAN UNIVERSE series) are in charge of writing the screenplay based on the story provided by CD PROJEKT RED. The original score is composed by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill series).
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners premieres on Netflix in September 2022. Visit the official website for extra information, assets, and newsletter. You can also follow the show on Twitter.
Source: Oficial Press Release